Why worry about secondary next year it can't get worse

minnyrules11

Reaction score
Our corners regressed from last year. Quit blaming Fisch's play call for the game we still ended up scoring three points and is not the reason for the loss. We outscored Illinois 25-7 in the second half. It is not the O coordinators fault for throwing the ball to the other team when the corner is already in front of our full back in the flat (that play probably cost us the most. Three terrible kicks gave them good field position and not stopping anybody on third down doesn't help either.

The loss is disappointing but get over the call, Fisch will be a lot better in year two as will the players in the system. The second half was encouraging. This team wasn't going to the Rose Bowl. Illinois would destroy SDSU by the way.

Carter is an upgrade over both CB. The other CB will be interesting. I think we are stuck with Theret and Royston for another year whether we like it or not.

I think Manuel steps in at one safety and I personally think Theret is at worst average. He's solid against the run and poor against the pass which evens it out. I think Krystan Lewis should be a solid option at the 2nd CB spot.

Very well put minnyrules11, cant argue with anything you stated! anytime you play 10 yards off the WR's (and all the time) never get press coverage! never make a knock out hit! duck your head to try and make a tackle, almost never wrap your arms around a runner to make a tackle, It would be interesting to see how many missed tackles there were today? and never make a catch for a interception. It can only get better! Please get better!

Top Bottom