Why I'm Calling the Shot- We're Getting C. Joseph

akgopher

Reaction score
I think he's coming because of the status of his finalists and desire to play right away:

-UConn- 4 Star Frosh PG
-Florida- 5 Star HS Junior Verbal PG
-Texas- 5 Star HS Junior Verbal PG
-Villanova- 4 Star Frosh PG
-Miss St- Could use a PG
-UNLV- Could use a PG

Great situation here and shaky PG situation might be only missing component for a top 10 team.

I think he's coming because of the status of his finalists and desire to play right away:

-UConn- 4 Star Frosh PG
-Florida- 5 Star HS Junior Verbal PG
-Texas- 5 Star HS Junior PG
-Villanova- 4 Star Frosh PG
-Miss St- Could use a PG
-UNLV- Could use a PG

Great situation here and shaky PG situation might be only missing component for a top 10 team.

Interesting...

Doesn't ESPN put the recruiting schools on player profile pages in the order of how they perceive the player is leaning? At the top of Joseph's suitors is a big maroon M and the list isn't in alphabetical order.

Competition for playing time and playing with his brother... I like our chances. Although I have to say I'd be pretty stoked about either PG we're going after.
-Go Gophers!

Just throwing some names on here because I was curious myself.

-UConn- 4 Star Frosh PG - Not sure who this is. Kemba Walker is a stud though, he'll be a junior in 2010. Joseph would play SG there unless Walker goes pro after this season.
-Florida- 5 Star HS Junior Verbal PG - Austin Rivers - #2 player overall in 2011, combo guard rather than pure point. Also Kenny Boynton, 2009 recruit, #15 overall on Scout. Scout lists him as a combo guard, but he's a pure PG who can score.
-Texas- 5 Star HS Junior Verbal PG - Myck Kabongo - #3 PG in 2011 according to Scout (not to mention their ridiculously stacked backcourt already)
-Villanova- 4 Star Frosh PG - Maalik Wayns - #3 PG in 2009 according to Scout. They also have a glut of young guards. Cory wouldn't get big minutes until his sophomore season.

After stacking it all up, UConn scares me the most. Hopefully the fact that Calhoun is dirty and could retire at any time works in our favor.

UConn- 4 Star Frosh PG - Not sure who this is.

I'm guessing he's talking about former Gopher target Darius Smith, who is a freshman at UConn. He was a Rivals Top 150 and a 4-star.

Hopefully the fact that Boeheim is dirty and could retire at any time works in our favor.

You probably mean Calhoun. Boeheim is at Syracuse.

I know many recruits don't care about this but if Joseph is as good as his ranking, he could really be the missing piece. In 2011 we'd have:
Frontcourt - RSIII as a junioe, Colt 45 as a junior, Royce White as a soph, Mbakwe as a senior, Carter as a senior. Call me crazy but that could be the deepest and best front court in the conference and one of the best nationwide

Backcourt - Hoff as a senior, Al as a senior, Cobbs a soph, Devoe a soph, Rodney Williams a soph. That backcourt right now is meh but has potential. Devoe could develop into a nice 2 guard who can score and handle the rock. Hoff can have the flame, Rodney will be the ultra athletic finisher/defensive dynamo, Al can be the heady senior leader/ lockdown defender and Joseph the freshman stud that stirs the drink (Think Khalid El-Amin and Ricky Moore for UConn back in the day). A great pg suddenly makes that backcourt pretty good. That to me is a legit to 5-10 team

I know many recruits don't care about this but if Joseph is as good as his ranking, he could really be the missing piece. In 2011 we'd have:
Frontcourt - RSIII as a junioe, Colt 45 as a junior, Royce White as a soph, Mbakwe as a senior, Carter as a senior. Call me crazy but that could be the deepest and best front court in the conference and one of the best nationwide

Backcourt - Hoff as a senior, Al as a senior, Cobbs a soph, Devoe a soph, Rodney Williams a soph. That backcourt right now is meh but has potential. Devoe could develop into a nice 2 guard who can score and handle the rock. Hoff can have the flame, Rodney will be the ultra athletic finisher/defensive dynamo, Al can be the heady senior leader/ lockdown defender and Joseph the freshman stud that stirs the drink (Think Khalid El-Amin and Ricky Moore for UConn back in the day). A great pg suddenly makes that backcourt pretty good. That to me is a legit to 5-10 team

Nitpicking but Devoe will be a Junior next year. We also could have Austin Hollins as a sharpshooter off the bench if his shooting is as advertised and we're still getting nothing from Hoffarber. Agreed though, adding C. Joseph would help out our backcourt immensely and put us right up there in conversations for the Big Ten title.

It makes too much sense. What a story. Having two brothers from Canada starting on a top 10 team coached by Tubby Smith after he got run out of Kentucky. Tubby Smith is the good guy in the eyes of national media, the coverage would be unreal.

It makes too much sense. What a story. Having two brothers from Canada starting on a top 10 team coached by Tubby Smith after he got run out of Kentucky. Tubby Smith is the good guy in the eyes of national media, the coverage would be unreal.

How great would this 2011 lineup be
CJ - Canada
DJ - Canade
Rodney - MN
Royce - MN
Mbakwe - MN

That could be a legit top 10-15 team with an all igloo lineup

How great would this 2011 lineup be
CJ - Canada
DJ - Canade
Rodney - MN
Royce - MN
Mbakwe - MN

That could be a legit top 10-15 team with an all igloo lineup

I mean, who needs the other 49 states when you have Canada?

i would love that igloo line up but RS3 or CI would have to be in there just going on what Tubby Smith has done since he has been here

You guys can say Canada but really all that matters is Metro Toronto. If Tubby can get to a Final Four with two Canadian kids, Minnesota will become Canada's (and more importantly Toronto's) team.

Of course this is hugely speculative

Top Bottom