Why all the long faces?

KyGopherfan

Reaction score
C'mon GH'ers! The season isn't over yet. I know it's feeling dreadful around here, but believe it or not, we're not out of it YET. I will concede we need to win the next 3 games though, which sounds tough for this squad, but is certainly doable.

I actually thought we'd lose this game tonight, not cause MSU is so better than us, but because MSU holds some sorta mystical intimidation over the Gopher program. It seems like we're so used to them beating us, than we panic when we have the lead and basically collapse. I've seen this so many times.

The team was very tight tonight. Both teams were. Both knew so much was on the line. There's only so much a coach can do. Izzo and Tubby are two of the best in the biz, but they're not supermen. You can't go out there and play for your players. I know there's a lot of trashing of Tubby around here. Having been involved with basketball so much, I'm of the opinion that coaches get too much credit when things go right, and too much blame when things wrong. Not EVERYTHING is under their control. Tubby is a great coach. I know they get paid the big bucks to win and they do bare the brunt of the blame, but if Al were playing, we'd probably be at 20 wins by now and everyone would be saying how things are great. That being said, we really had this game and should've pulled it out.

Back to the tourney. If we get 20 wins and 1 in the B10 Tourney, I think the committee will have a hard time keeping us out. Also, some other teams in the B10 and other conferences may falter too, so the Gophers may get some help along the way as well. So the season is not over. I remain optimistic, somewhat crazy, but definitely optimistic.

It's like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber: "So You're Telling Me There's A Chance?"

C'mon GH'ers! The season isn't over yet. I know it's feeling dreadful around here, but believe it or not, we're not out of it YET. I will concede we need to win the next 3 games though, which sounds tough for this squad, but is certainly doable.

I actually thought we'd lose this game tonight, not cause MSU is so better than us, but because MSU holds some sorta mystical intimidation over the Gopher program. It seems like we're so used to them beating us, than we panic when we have the lead and basically collapse. I've seen this so many times.

The team was very tight tonight. Both teams were. Both knew so much was on the line. There's only so much a coach can do. Izzo and Tubby are two of the best in the biz, but they're not supermen. You can't go out there and play for your players. I know there's a lot of trashing of Tubby around here. Having been involved with basketball so much, I'm of the opinion that coaches get too much credit when things go right, and too much blame when things wrong. Not EVERYTHING is under their control. Tubby is a great coach. I know they get paid the big bucks to win and they do bare the brunt of the blame, but if Al were playing, we'd probably be at 20 wins by now and everyone would be saying how things are great. That being said, we really had this game and should've pulled it out.

Back to the tourney. If we get 20 wins and 1 in the B10 Tourney, I think the committee will have a hard time keeping us out. Also, some other teams in the B10 and other conferences may falter too, so the Gophers may get some help along the way as well. So the season is not over. I remain optimistic, somewhat crazy, but definitely optimistic.

The team was tight tonight? Okay that's a new one. I have to assume you listened on the radio, no way you watched that game.

My guess for the long face reasoning is that Gophers have L about 5 "winnable" games this season - Virginia, at IU, at Penn St, Illinois and Mich St.

Why all the long faces?

That is what I ask herds of horses and cattle!

John Kerry walks into a bar.
The bartender looks at him and asks, "Why the long face?"

Top Bottom