Who's Going To Tampa?

Are you going to the Outback Bowl?

• YES!

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters
FWIW, having gone to the Outback several times, as well as snowbirding in Dunedin, FL, here are some suggestions:

1) Stay in St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, or one of the other gulf beaches. You're leaving the midwest, why not be on a beach? I prefer VRBOs to hotels, but that's just me. I'm old and aren't out on the town every night anymore.

2) Do go the parade in Ybor City; it is fun.

3) The Columbia is a great restaurant in Ybor City. There are also a couple of other locations in the area, but I like the historic aspect of the Ybor City site.

4) For high-end seafood, Oystercatchers is great. If you are in the Tarpon Springs area, Rusty Bellies is very good and at reasonable prices. It's a Greek community, so you can find some good Greek food.

Have fun!
VRBO?

The U of M ticket office has two levels of tickets — Stadium Club and Main Stand. Raymond James Stadium also has tickets for sale. Any thoughts on the best place to purchase tickets for the game? I will likely take my son. Would be our first bowl game. So just need two tickets and would prefer to sit with other Gopher fans.

If you want to sit with Gopher fans above all else, buy from the U's ticket office. Otherwise Stubhub will likely have slightly better seats and if you pick the Minnesota side it should be a combination of Minnesota and neutral fans.

I have to fiscally responsible. It's a little stretch for me to afford season tickets so I'm taking what I would have spent and put it towards next season's tickets. I would have spent whatever it took to go to the Rose Bowl however. Thank you to all those Gopher fans that are able to go and support our team

Spendy air, holy cow!

U bundle is 2300 per person.

The U of M ticket office has two levels of tickets — Stadium Club and Main Stand. Raymond James Stadium also has tickets for sale. Any thoughts on the best place to purchase tickets for the game? I will likely take my son. Would be our first bowl game. So just need two tickets and would prefer to sit with other Gopher fans.

The U.

Streamsong is about an hour away from Tampa. It has three courses I believe and is simply fantastic. I would recommend playing two rounds and spend a night at the resort. It is truly a special golf experience.
Thanks.

I have to fiscally responsible. It's a little stretch for me to afford season tickets so I'm taking what I would have spent and put it towards next season's tickets. I would have spent whatever it took to go to the Rose Bowl however. Thank you to all those Gopher fans that are able to go and support our team

Honestly, Delta and the other carriers have bent us over. Friday I could have booked a round trip for $354. Now same flight is $721. It is what it is but it counts me out too. Its principle for me at these prices.

Booked flights today (Orlando had some steals) and will drive to Tampa for the 5 days or so. Should be fun!

Booked through the gophers fan travel. Little pricey, but the do a first class job. Only staying the 3 night, because we have other plans I have to be back for. RTB

We will be there with at least 10-12 deep, tailgating and may have some surprise guests.

Hotel booked (Embassy Suites near Tampa airport) for my oldest son (senior at the U of M!) and I, order placed for 3 tickets through U of M (friend driving up from Fort Myers). I'm now looking for flights to either Tampa or Orlando. Took road trips to watch Gophers at USC in 2011 and at UNLV in 2012. Had an absolute blast during both trips and I'm hoping bowl experience is even more amazing!

Booked through the gophers fan travel. Little pricey, but the do a first class job. Only staying the 3 night, because we have other plans I have to be back for. RTB
I think the 3 night was the only option wasn't it?

Excited to go! First bowl game since 99 Sun Bowl. Been to the area a few times before and had a great time. This will be awesome!

Talked one brother into coming with me, so I just booked my flight from Indy for $259 into PIE. Club level tickets in 206 and 214 seem cheap and plentiful on ticket sites, so I'll probably grab those instead of going through the U. Time to start looking for a hotel!

PS: @Veritas, can you tell me where you'll be sitting during the game? I prefer to stand and would like to plan accordingly in order to prevent discord on this message board.

I’m going to be in LA on a family trip that was planned over a year ago. I’m jealous of all the Minnesotans going to Tampa while I’m surrounded by Badger fans. Have fun!

Wish I could go, but it’s just a little out of my range for flight. Being a carpenter, I was just inconveniently laid off last week due to things getting slow. If I were to be safely employed and not have missed a whole week of work, plus however may more days it’ll take before I can find a new job, I’d be going. Hands down.

I'm gonna see if I can talk to the wife into a quick one night get away....Found flights on Delta leaving the 31st around 3pm getting to Orlando at 8pm....and then coming back at 9pm on the 1st for $377 plus 161 for a hotel and another $60 for a rental car then throw in ticket price.

Flight booked and just bought tickets on Seat Geek in section 214 on the Gophers side. Merry Christmas to me :)

Any tips on areas to stay? My Hawkeye buddy told me to go for Clearwater Beach. I won't be doing any swimming, but I suppose that scenery could be cool. Is there stuff going on there in general (restaurants, shopping, sites, etc) or are there other areas in Tampa/St. Pete that are more popular?

Flight booked and just bought tickets on Seat Geek in section 214 on the Gophers side. Merry Christmas to me :)

Any tips on areas to stay? My Hawkeye buddy told me to go for Clearwater Beach. I won't be doing any swimming, but I suppose that scenery could be cool. Is there stuff going on there in general (restaurants, shopping, sites, etc) or are there other areas in Tampa/St. Pete that are more popular?
Noted in another thread if staying in Clearwater/Clearwater Beach consider visiting Honeymoon Island S.P. about 45 minutes north. Natural barrier island setting. Clearwater Beach can be like Coney Island...which is fine if that's your thing. Honeymoon Island is the other end of the continuum.

Booked my flight down yesterday!! Really looking forward to this.

Has anyone gone with the packages from the U before?

They're pricey but ... worth it? Have a good time?

Anyone bring kids to those?

Spent too much on vet bills recently, or I would consider it

I went to Citrus Bowl and was good time.

Sun Country MSP-TPA 12/31-1/2 is charging $900 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: insanity

Top Bottom