Whoever said to watch Payne on that last shot - Thank you.

I just did that - several times over, and frame-by-frame. Vicarious joy is a hell of drug. Nothing better, really.

I think I'll go pet a dog or be nice to a child now. The sun is shining here in Tampa.
That was @kg21. I agree, he deserves kudos.

I think I enjoyed watching Cam Spencer (#10) after that shot even more. He knew he blew it by trying to reach-in on Cooper instead of covering Battle more closely before the pass and by taking a half-hearted sideways jump past the shooter. The guy was very good offensively (21 pts.) against us but didn't make a better defensive play when it counted.

I think I enjoyed watching Cam Spencer (#10) after that shot even more. He knew he blew it by trying to reach-in on Cooper instead of covering Battle more closely before the pass and by taking a half-hearted sideways jump past the shooter. The guy was very good offensively (21 pts.) against us but didn't make a better defensive play when it counted.
Yes, the stunned and dejected look of our opponent has been a rare sight this season. It was absolutely marvelous 😊

That was @kg21. I agree, he deserves kudos.
The other guy that's kind of fun to watch is the Rutgers guy at the bottom of the screen. He has his hands down on his knees the whole play, because there is literally nothing he can do except watch it like a fan in the stands. He continues that pose well after it goes in.

Last edited:

The reaction was great, but it's more fun to watch how Payne snatches a bullet pass with one hand. That is really impressive; of course I might be overly impressed after watching Goebert trying a catch even a soft lob with two "hands" all season.

The reaction was great, but it's more fun to watch how Payne snatches a bullet pass with one hand. That is really impressive; of course I might be overly impressed after watching Goebert trying a catch even a soft lob with two "hands" all season.
Payne has also upped his aggression in going after it. He is now grabbing boards with a "you aren't taking it from me" body language. Kid has all the natural ability and is learning fast! He needs a couple more years but he is going to be on one of the all conference teams next year- maybe not first team but he'll get a mention.

Top Bottom