Who will have better stats next year

Who will be the most effective player next year

• Ralph Sampson III

Votes: 43 61.4%
  • Colton Iverson

Votes: 27 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

"Better" is all relative, but I'll say Iverson and not just because of how he has played these last few games. Sampson plays too soft and lacks fire. He has a much higher cieling than Iverson does but I think a player like Iverson can be really effective in the B10.

good question

I would have said RSIII seeing as how he has had more minutes to date. However, if Colt's minutes increase as they easily could next year if Tubby goes "big" more often, I have to wonder whose numbers will win out at the end of next year.

Strikes me as a nice situation to have if you are a Gopher fan.

I like both our bigs.

:)

I voted Ralph, mostly because I think he will just get more minutes.

im just :eek: at our lineup next year if royce comes back....royce, trevor, ralph, colton no one could match our height

Stat-wise, I think RSIII might be better at the end of the year.

Per-minute, Colton.

I think finding a way to add a legit 4 (Mbakwe, White?) while still giving both players adequate minutes/touches will be one of Tubby's challenges next year.

Not a bad problem to have.

I say Colt45, given equal minutes.

colt_45.jpg

Tubby will not reward Iverson for good play

Sampson is one untouchable starter. I see one main area Sampson is better than Iverson in, that is moving his feet on defense: pick and roll defense, or guarding a face up player. I'll even give you a slight edge as a passer and outside shooter, but it is small.

Iverson is better at rebounding, boxing out, finishing, setting picks, getting physical. Over the last 8 games Iverson is the much better player. I do not think he will get the mintues, we know he won't start. If we get trevor or another power forward I would assume that would cut into Iverson's time, not Sampson's.

If Ralphie takes some time to study Colt's use of both elbows he could really improve for next year. Too many easy take aways from Ralph with the ball in his hands. Nothing like a little loose flying elbow to cure some of that.

If we get trevor or another power forward I would assume that would cut into Iverson's time, not Sampson's.

Don't agree, Sampson plays more like a 4, even Tubby has said putting Iverson in as the Center lets RS3 play his more natural spot.

I hope in the off season ralph and colton are joined at the hip. Ralph teaching colton how to defend and handle the ball decently and all around finesse, and colton pusing ralph in the weight room and teaching him to be aggressive.

I really wish we could just take coltons aggressiveness and strength and merge them with ralphs instinct and finesse and have 1 player...oh wait thats trevor (royce)..we get him next year too :3

I voted RSIII, but who knows...Colt is stronger but it seems to me RS has a better skill level. Colt also drinks too much

Ralph and Colt

I hope in the off season ralph and colton are joined at the hip. Ralph teaching colton how to defend and handle the ball decently and all around finesse, and colton pusing ralph in the weight room and teaching him to be aggressive.

I really wish we could just take coltons aggressiveness and strength and merge them with ralphs instinct and finesse and have 1 player...oh wait thats trevor (royce)..we get him next year too :3

Ralph hasn't been handling the ball decent lately. He fails to look around before he puts the ball on the floor and little guards have been stealing it. I agree though that if these two players were combined you would have a potential first team big ten center.

What I would like to see next year is RSIII starting with Mbakwe, Colt coming off the bench with White, and then stretches of the 2 of them playing together. I've also had fantasies of us having a 'pressure' lineup next year that comes in and presses and just puts the pedal to the floor for 5-7 minutes a game. Nolen, Cobbs/Devoe/Allen maybe , Williams, Carter, and Mbakwe. The 2 spot is the only place where we don't have elite athleticism unless we put Allen in there with Nolen, or maybe we put Williams at the 2 and put Royce in at the 4 and Mbakwe at the 5. That group pressing, trapping and running against another teams 2nd unit would be potentially devestating

Close but

Colton just cant overtake Ralph.

Who gives a rat's azz about next year yet....we still have this year to get a couple of wins in the Dance. Stats = rats = this year. Play together and the stats take care of themselves.

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!

Ralph

Ralph plays more like a 3! A 6'5 inch 3..

All summer he needs to work on his low post game and work on moves that go to the hoop. Plus he needs to pull his head out... guys go by him, balls go off his head and hands, guy plays in a fog half the time...

That face up jumper from 15 feet- is shot at about at 20% in games.. he must hit that in practice... Tired of hearing how good a jump shooter he is-cuz he is not and his basketball IQ is over rated...

That face up jumper from 15 feet- is shot at about at 20% in games.. he must hit that in practice... Tired of hearing how good a jump shooter he is-cuz he is not and his basketball IQ is over rated...

How about his amazing hook shot, he takes what should be a 2' lay-in he turn's into a 5' hook, it's not a high percentage trade-off.

Cream puff.

Ralph needs to develop a go to move from either side of the lane and stick with it. Too many times in the last few weeks he'd get the ball and wait, hestitate, think, decide, move and turn it over.

And I'm not sure it's that hookshot. More face up stuff. Channel Tim Duncan this summer Ralph.

Top Bottom