Who quarterbacks the Gophers next year?

alaska

Reaction score
I know Morgan did not have a great year, but do you have confidence he is the best option next year? Or does someone like Jacob Clark take over? Or true freshman Athon?

I know Morgan did not have a great year, but do you have confidence he is the best option next year? Or does someone like Jacob Clark take over? Or true freshman Athon?

As Cris Carter would say:

"Come on, man!"

Everyone earns their positions. While Morgan is the incumbent, I believe he knows that he needs to have a better fall to retain his position. I welcome the competition in order that everyone pushes each other to do better.

Everyone earns their positions. While Morgan is the incumbent, I believe he knows that he needs to have a better fall to retain his position. I welcome the competition in order that everyone pushes each other to do better.
It would be great if someone beat him out. That would mean we have a really really good quarterback

big-bang-theory-penny-WHAT-gif.gif

I would imagine it would be Morgan. Only thing I'll say is it can't be understated how big it is in college football to have a QB who can run the football. Would be huge for our offense. Of the good teams, sure feels like more of them have a running Q than don't. The guy doesn't need to run a 4.4, just be able to effectively move the ball when you need to. LBs in college aren't running 4.4 or 4.5 like the NFL.

It seems obvious but there are certainly things these other guys can do that Morgan can't.

Last edited:

It'll be interesting, that's for sure. Morgan obviously goes into spring as the starter, but it's also certain that the other QBs will get a look. Will Annexstad finally have a chance to show what he's capable of? How about Kramer's athletic ability? Clark's arm? Then there's the question of Kaliakmanis and his superior physical talent... will he be ready to show it off?

Morgan had one special season, but there's no guarantee that he'll ever do it again. He was a mere shadow of his former self this season...

Please end this thread. The offseason is too long for this claptrap.

Sanford broke Morgan.

We’ve hitched our boat to both of them. 2021 will either be a great season, because they both changed their best and busted their rear ends getting better, or it will be a massive disappointment that results in major changes.

I would imagine it would be Morgan. Only thing I'll say is it can't be understated how big it is in college football to have a QB who can run the football. Would be huge for our offense. Of the good teams, sure feels like more of them have a running Q than don't. The guy doesn't need to run a 4.4, just be able to effectively move the ball when you need to. LBs in college aren't running 4.4 or 4.5 like the NFL.

It seems obvious but there are certainly things these other guys can do that Morgan can't.
Don't necessarily agree he can't, I just don't think they want him to do that. He may not have great speed, but there are many times where he could have pulled and run to easily pick up yards. Go back and watch the second play in OT vs. Wisconsin. He gains 5 to 10 on that play if he would have pulled it as the OLB chased Mo from the snap of the ball.

Top Bottom