Who is your "Home Run" hire?

Beilein is a HR
Musselman is a triple
Any of the 3 Mountain West guys (Smith, Medved, Dutcher) are solid doubles.
Let's just hope we don't end up with another bunt single.

Let's just hope we don't end up with another bunt single.
We're striking out right now, so it would still be an upgrade. If that happens, hopefully he turns out to be Byron Buxton and can steal 2nd, 3rd and score on a passed ball.

Last year when we were having these same discussions, the name Scott Drew kept coming up. To me, that would be a home run hire.
I do remember this and thought about it recently. No doubt a home run. Wonder if there is any sliver of anything there. If all it is is hope, so be it. I'm hoping.

Disagree. He wanted to hire Fleck at Syracuse, and then got his chance here and that was at least a line drive triple, if not over the fence.

I don't see why Medved wouldn't be the same, particularly if he wins the MW tourney and a game in March Madness. Might get really hot, really quick in that scenario, in fact, so hopefully Coyle has a line to him already (perhaps from last year, before covid put the kibosh on).
Didn't know he was already dialed in on Fleck. No doubt Medved has a nice resume of rebuilding programs. Furman and Colorado State not exactly known for being basketball powerhouses.

Didn't know he was already dialed in on Fleck. No doubt Medved has a nice resume of rebuilding programs. Furman and Colorado State not exactly known for being basketball powerhouses.
I don't know it for fact, but I would not be surprised if Coyle didn't at least interview Fleck to Syracuse after the 2015 season. Bowling Green won the MAC that year, and Coyle hired Dino there. Then Fleck dominated the next year.

Thought I heard rumors on here that the job was Smith's last year until covid. If Coyle has already developed that, so be it.

Not married to Medved. Hope Queta transfers up here too, very fine looking player (as are others).

Does the snowball of mediocrity that has been rolling down the hill here for so long at some point make this a really unattractive job? So frustrating.

Sam Mitchell. Or Musselman, Dutcher, Belein, Smith or anybody Coyle thinks is the guy!
Time to try someone else.

oats or Musselman are my home run hires.

but at this point I’m just ready for a change.

Top Bottom