Who is your Gophers MVP in win over CSU?

Who is your Gophers MVP?

• Steve Richardson

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Rodney Smith

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • KJ Mayer

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Drew Wolitarsky

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Briean Boddy-Calhoun

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Eric Murray

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Ryan Santoso

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Pete Mortell

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Eric Carter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters
No question about it, while many players had a hand in the win late in the game, the one player that kept us in this game by stretching the field for CS is Peter Mortel. Hands down to me the MVP is Mortel.

LOL, Mortel only connected on 50% of his punts. On a day when Santoso was booming them because of the elevation I expected much more from mortel, he was a huge let down.

No doubt, if I have to pick one person, it is Steven Richardson. He was messing up everything he could and chasing people down from behind. Beast today!

Tiny, something we finally agree on. Richardson was all over the field. Chased down 2 plays in the open field from behind. Kid is a beast.

I thought Jalen Myrick played well. He came up very big in the second half with the 3rd quarter red zone INT at the ten yard line as CSU was driving, and then that 4th quarter pass break-up, man, that was a huge play in the game. They were driving, they had all the momentum, crowd was loud and amped, 3rd and 3 with under 6:00 in the game, and Myrick had single coverage on Williams down the right sideline and busted up what would have been a 35+ yard pass (really well thrown ball too) which would have taken it deep into their side of the field and left us facing a pretty difficult circumstance.

That was a beautiful play by Myrick, and a major shift in the game in my opinion.

As Coach Kill said, "Steven Richardson was unreal"! That tackle he made 25 yards downfield on the screen play was something to behold. No matter that it was called back or not. Did you see where Mike Bobo said that was one of the better defenses he's seen in awhile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several players deserve MVP especially in the Defense. But, if you force me to choose a singular person it will be first and foremost Richardson in Defense, and Drew Wolitarski in Offense.

Gonna go with KJ Maye for making that big catch on a nicely thrown ball.

KJ Maye because he is a tough sucker to come back in with sore ribbs so you know it had to be hard to breath, dive for a ball and catch that touchdown to help the Gophers win. Maye is all Gopher through and through, can't say enough about how hard that kid plays. He is one of my favorite Gophers.

Maybe not MVP, but one of the plays of the game was Nick Hart's catch. He fought with that ball until he had it and kept that drive alive. Anyone else at the game note how terrible the PA guy was? The program had Hart's name spelled "Hat" and the guy called him that the whole game. His spotter was terrible too, had Mortell making a tackle on a play (not a special teams play), the Gophers do have some double numbers the announcer usually named the guy who was not on the field... Oh well. Can I continue, the refs were bad, they were constantly huddling trying to get things straight and there were way too many reviews. I'm pretty sure that the game lasted more than 4 hours. At least we won, I'll take it.

Top Bottom