Who here has said...

One other thing about the Mason firing that people seem to forget around here. It wasn't just his lack of reaction to the Texas Tech loss as wonderful of an Urban Legend that seems to have become. He also didn't fulfill his promise to go around the state to sell the program. He downgraded "trinket" games, called the students drunks, refused to take calls on his own radio show before he finally just quit showing-up.

Even if this is true, what is thier excuse for not firing him after the regular season? You simply DO NOT fire a coach after the Bowl Game. It leaves you with almost no chance of hiring a current head-coach and trashes your recruiting class. There's no excuse for it. If his transgressions were that severe, he should have been fired the Monday after the Iowa game. If he was good enough to survive past that point, he was good enough to be the coach the next year. They clearly let the emotion of what happened in the Bowl Game be the tipping point, and that shouldn't happen.

All his success was based on Texas talent and a semi-gimme Conference schedule.

I wouldn't marginalize Patterson like that. Those same advantages exist, at least theoretically, for SMU, UTEP, North Texas (and, less so, for Rice), and they haven't done anything with them. Houston is the only school approaching what TCU has accomplished recently, and that can't all be attributed to dumb luck. I realize JuCo-like academic standards play a role, but even that can't account for the gulf-sized disparity in recent achievements.

I wouldn't marginalize Patterson like that. Those same advantages exist, at least theoretically, for SMU, UTEP, North Texas (and, less so, for Rice), and they haven't done anything with them. Houston is the only school approaching what TCU has accomplished recently, and that can't all be attributed to dumb luck. I realize JuCo-like academic standards play a role, but even that can't account for the gulf-sized disparity in recent achievements.

I'm still pissed-off that he just used the interview to get a raise at TCU, so I'll go your route and other a non-apology.;)

Even if this is true, what is thier excuse for not firing him after the regular season? You simply DO NOT fire a coach after the Bowl Game. It leaves you with almost no chance of hiring a current head-coach and trashes your recruiting class. There's no excuse for it. If his transgressions were that severe, he should have been fired the Monday after the Iowa game. If he was good enough to survive past that point, he was good enough to be the coach the next year. They clearly let the emotion of what happened in the Bowl Game be the tipping point, and that shouldn't happen.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I'd guess they planned the firing earlier but were hamstrung by his three straight victories at the end of the season including beating Iowa for the first time since 2000. How do you fire him then?

I bet you can't find many posts where someone has said we're going to the Rose Bowl. There's nothing wrong with hoping and shooting for the Rose Bowl, but I don't think anyone realistically thought we were going there this year (or any of the previous few seasons). Hoping we get there is a lot different than thinking we will.

The thing that you and others fail to understand is that just because someone defends Brewster and his staff doesn't mean they think they are the "man for the job." Myself and others defended the gameplan for the USC game. That doesn't mean we all think Brewster is doing a great job. Believe it or not, there are things that Brewster does well. There are times when Weber plays pretty well also. I know that's hard for you to grasp because you'd rather just be negative 100% of the time.

Realistically? There were people "really" thinking we'd win 7-8 games this Season & had a stronger Defense then last year...delusional, completely. What's hard for you to grasp and others is that the perception of Minnesota's Football team has went completely in the sh*tter...

Know why? Because we don't beat who we're supposed to beat & haven't one ONE SINGLE GAME worth mentioning in the last 3 seasons...

The fact that that doesn't alarm people is disturbing...

I want Minnesota to be relevant again but it has become quite clear that Brewster is not the guy who will get the job done...

Top Bottom