Who Hates Iowa?

Actually, I never said that you are more sophisticated, just that you think
you are. What I said was Minnesota is a more wealthy state than Iowa, and
that Iowa has no urban center that matches the the Twin Cities.

I stand by my statement about Broadway quality in Des Moines. In fact I
would bet that Des Moines out ranks the Twin cities in attendance per capitawhich is why the Des Moines Civic Center was recently named as one of the 15 best theatre venues in the world. That ranking was based on attendance,
which is why a number of shows stop in Des Moines first when they go off
Broadway.
Example; La Cage Aux Folles played Des Moines first off Broadway, before
heading to the Twin Cities. The point is, cultural opportunities only benefit
those who actually attend them. If you live in a large urban area and sit
home watching American Idle, which I bet is your idea of a good time, how sophisticated are you?

Perhaps they stop there to work the road bugs out.

There is tons of theatre in the Twin Cities. Some of it original that debuts here before going national. Many of these shows are competing with each other.

On any given night, you can go to the Ordway, Penumbra, The Gutherie, Pantages (sp?), Mixed Blood......

Who gives a S$%& about theater, except that even Cedar Rapids the movie sucked.

Actually, I never said that you are more sophisticated, just that you think you are. What I said was Minnesota is a more wealthy state than Iowa, and that Iowa has no urban center that matches the the Twin Cities.

You may think you said that, but in fact you did not. Just as I said, you have no idea what the word "urbanity" means. Perhaps you can get Stephen Sondheim to explain it to you the next time he's in Des Moines.

I actually feel sorry for Iowans ... what a horrible, depressing place to have to live!! And, apparently, all they have to live for is their beloved "HAWKS". Regardless, Hawkeye fans are still notorious around the country for being among the worst, most obnoxious, uncivilized fans in the nation. I've been to many different college games around the country, and the one consistent theme I hear from people everywhere is how much they hate Hawkeye fans! The most recent 2 examples from this year alone are USC and Michigan (especially USC).

I'm really glad this has devolved into Hawkeye fans defending the quality of theater in Des Moines. Clearly, in Iowa, manliness roars on.

I actually feel sorry for Iowans ... what a horrible, depressing place to have to live!! And, apparently, all they have to live for is their beloved "HAWKS". Regardless, Hawkeye fans are still notorious around the country for being among the worst, most obnoxious, uncivilized fans in the nation. I've been to many different college games around the country, and the one consistent theme I hear from people everywhere is how much they hate Hawkeye fans! The most recent 2 examples from this year alone are USC and Michigan (especially USC).

I've been to every school in the Big Ten and ask questions about Gopher fans. Most responses consist of Big Ten fans having never met or talked to Gopher fans...because the Gopher road following is minimal.

I've been to every school in the Big Ten and ask questions about Gopher fans. Most responses consist of Big Ten fans having never met or talked to Gopher fans...because the Gopher road following is minimal.

Unlike most other schools in the B1G, we don't live in a college town with nothing else to do.

I don't really have a hate for Iowa sports....just the people. And it's not really a hate, more of a "Really?". I mean, I know all they have is corn and the hawkeyes, but have a little more class when you come here.

I will give them this, they seem to be better when you are there. At least that is how it was for basketball.

I don't really have a hate for Iowa sports....just the people. And it's not really a hate, more of a "Really?". I mean, I know all they have is corn and the hawkeyes, but have a little more class when you come here.

I will give them this, they seem to be better when you are there. At least that is how it was for basketball.

Every fan base has bad apples. I was screamed and cursed at in the final minutes of the game last year by a group of adults that were likely in their mid-40s. The only other similar experience I had in my years of following the Hawks is when some Iowa State students tried to spit on me on 2007 after ISU beat Iowa on a game-winning FG. I don't think that represents all Minnesota or all ISU fans and I would hope Minnesota fans don't think of all Iowa fans in this manner either.

PapaHawk21...

I really like some Hawkeye fans. So far the number is at 7.

What we need is a better class of hate. Here's a slight paraphrase of Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.
I hate thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I hate thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I hate thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I hate thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I hate thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I hate thee with a hate I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I hate thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but hate thee better after death.

My friend uploaded this photo to her facebook. AWESOME!
303155_726137887092_40106462_36193187_1983416094_n.jpg

Iowa fans are the worst of the worst.....I hope Minnesota pounds them today!

I actually like Iowa now, because they suck to high heaven.

But seriously, WHO HATES IOWA?

The word hate is so extreme. If you were to cruise on any Iowa board, you would not find that that sentiment is widely held or discussed towards the Gophers. Pity perhaps, but not hatred. If you feel this way towards a state which so obviously cannot rival you in wealth and urbanity, then I can only conclude a deep sense of insecurity. You should reserve your hate for those you consider to be equal, like Wisconsin. The thing is, people from Wisconsin don't have to build up their sense of self esteem by proclaiming hate for any one else.

I reserve my hate for things like war and sex offenders.

6913538-las-iowa-vs-minnesota-college-football-10_29_2011-18-18-40.jpg

I saw this on the post-game interview with Gray - but here's a picture of my favorite sign from the game:
Verily! We Doth Loathe Iowa

To those talking about theater, the Guthrie in Minneapolis is spectacular. I was there for three field trips for school, two plays and one behind the scenes sort of thing. Just awesome.

Every fan base has bad apples. I was screamed and cursed at in the final minutes of the game last year by a group of adults that were likely in their mid-40s. The only other similar experience I had in my years of following the Hawks is when some Iowa State students tried to spit on me on 2007 after ISU beat Iowa on a game-winning FG. I don't think that represents all Minnesota or all ISU fans and I would hope Minnesota fans don't think of all Iowa fans in this manner either.

That's terrible. I'd like to apologize for them, I hate it when Minnesoootans act like that. My children are very young and I had a bad experience at a pro game once, so I'm very hesitant to take them to one.

Originally Posted by PapaHawk21

We can be polite....don't come again, please.

I hate the program more so than the fans. In my experience with Iowa fans, they are awesome people. We have more than a handful of Iowa fans that we love hanging out with, a few of them family members. Of course, the Iowa trolls (PH) really help fuel the fire that is my hatred for Iowa.

That said, I hate/loathe Wisky and her fans greater than I do Iowa.

The Iowa fans by me were very cool this year-not last year. I hate Iowa, but the Badger fans are the worst by faaaaaar.

The Iowa fans by me were very cool this year-not last year. I hate Iowa, but the Badger fans are the worst by faaaaaar.

Badger fans are worse then Iowa fans? Would Badger fans take down our goalposts and try to take them out a revolving door? Check that - Iowa fans are just more stupid!

Top Bottom