Who Hates Iowa?

I dislike Iowa and find them annoying. I hate Wisconsin.

Everyone who lives in a state that thouches Iowa. And anyone easily enraged by the site of hogs or corn. And Howard Dean.

Follow GopherHole on Twitter

Speaking of Iowa - if you Tweet a message for Follow Friday to follow GopherHole on Twitter, you will be entered in a drawing to win a "Who Hates Iowa?" T-shirt!

Here's the GH link if you're not already following:

http://twitter.com/GopherHole

Deadline to be entered is midnight tonight!

Attachments

• Who Hates Iowa - Front.jpg
    Who Hates Iowa - Front.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 5

Elizabeth Barrett Browning hated Iowa: (Ok, I paraphrased a little)

How do I hate Iowa? Let me count the ways.
I hate Iowa to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I hate Iowa to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I hate Iowa freely, as men might strive for Right;
I hate Iowa purely, as they turn from Praise.
I hate Iowa with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I hate Iowa with a hate I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,–I hate Iowa with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!–and, if God choose,
I shall but hate Iowa better after death.

Fun article, and while I think most Hawkeye fans are good sports there are always bad apples. I have had my fair share of encounters with Gopher fans who treat me like an infant and an inferior. Wisconsin fans called my friend and myself "hillbillies and inbreds. Michigan State fans cursed at me as we left Spartan Stadium and a Michigan fan interrupted one of our radio programs by screaming about our "inferiority." I am quite confident if Minny and PSU were beating Iowa regularly or the series' were going back and forth then this article would not have been written. Nonetheless, I do not condone poor behavior by Iowa fans but based on my experience, other fan bases in the big10 are equally hostile.

Fun article, and while I think most Hawkeye fans are good sports there are always bad apples. I have had my fair share of encounters with Gopher fans who treat me like an infant and an inferior. Wisconsin fans called my friend and myself "hillbillies and inbreds. Michigan State fans cursed at me as we left Spartan Stadium and a Michigan fan interrupted one of our radio programs by screaming about our "inferiority." I am quite confident if Minny and PSU were beating Iowa regularly or the series' were going back and forth then this article would not have been written. Nonetheless, I do not condone poor behavior by Iowa fans but based on my experience, other fan bases in the big10 are equally hostile.

None of that matters. WHO HATES IOWA? WE HATE IOWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Wisconsin fans called my friend and myself "hillbillies and inbreds.

He was right.

And quit capitalizing the w in wisconsin!!! You can start doing that when they win a national championship.

He was right.

And quit capitalizing the w in wisconsin!!! You can start doing that when they win a national championship.

It must be rough considering Wisconsin is 15-5 against Minnesota the last 20 years. They do not deserve respect....

It must be rough considering Wisconsin is 15-5 against Minnesota the last 20 years. They do not deserve respect....

If you had anything worth doing in your God-forsaken state, you wouldn't be spending so much time on opposing teams' message boards.

You voluntarily moved there. That's even worse.

People born in Iowa didn't choose to be so.

I'll leave you guys to the infant level jokes. It must get old continuing to lose to Iowa and Wisconsin year after year.

I'll leave you guys to the infant level jokes. It must get old continuing to lose to Iowa and Wisconsin year after year.

It must get old being a fan of a program that has zero national championships in well over 100 years of existence.

You're so erudite and sophisticated. So far above the fray of these sophomoric jokes.

It must get old being a fan of a program that has zero national championships in well over 100 years of existence.

You're so erudite and sophisticated. So far above the fray of these sophomoric jokes.

Haha well actually I have enjoyed watching the Iowa program see significant success over the past decade and become a relevant player in the big10 conference. Iowa has been in the mix for 30 years now and I am proud of what the program has done. A once proud Minnesota program has gone from being a national title team in the 1930s and 1940s to being a bottom tier big 10 program.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3842161

ESPN ranks Iowa 30th and Minnesota 33rd despite all of the Gopher national championships that were won during the Great Depression and WWII. The national titles won are commendable and worthy of high recognition but at the same time Minnesota fans seems to forget how irrelevant the program has been for over 40 years. Iowa is no power house, no dynasty and does not have any national titles but the program has been consistently successful over the past 30 years in terms of bowl games, conference placement and dominance of their rivals.

Every school has fans who misbehave. Iowa just has a lot of them and they travel.

Haha well actually I have enjoyed watching the Iowa program see significant success over the past decade and become a relevant player in the big10 conference. Iowa has been in the mix for 30 years now and I am proud of what the program has done. A once proud Minnesota program has gone from being a national title team in the 1930s and 1940s to being a bottom tier big 10 program.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3842161

ESPN ranks Iowa 30th and Minnesota 33rd despite all of the Gopher national championships that were won during the Great Depression and WWII. The national titles won are commendable and worthy of high recognition but at the same time Minnesota fans seems to forget how irrelevant the program has been for over 40 years. Iowa is no power house, no dynasty and does not have any national titles but the program has been consistently successful over the past 30 years in terms of bowl games, conference placement and dominance of their rivals.

Why are you here?

Why are you here?

Hey, Einstein... you invite us when you have a topic like this. Funny how dissing Iowa makes Gopher fans feel better about your sorry a%$ program.
But hey... Minnesota was National Champion in 1873, or was that 1951? Doesn't really matter because recruits don't remember what happened 60 years ago!
You should behave better tho, because your next head coach could be reading these forums.

Great post. Almost as good as the other four times you posted the exact same thing. Hey, do you think it would be possible for you to get up to 500 posts by recycling your same four messages over and over again? Cause that would be an awesome goal. I'll even contribute if you give me your login information and a link to your preferred online thesaurus. Your smug schtick really keeps this board a-turnin'.

i dont care if your a gopher fan or wisconsin fan or whoever fan, but your profile picture makes you look like a gigantic *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#..seriously..what was the thought process in choosing that one? were you like- ooohhh yeah i look awesome in this picture...ppppplease change it:(

Top Bottom