Who has been better bringing in Booster $ ?

without having access to internal athletic department or fund-raising documents, that's almost impossible to tell.

a lot of people credit Mason with helping the push for an on-campus stadium. I do remember hearing stories that Kill was going out and doing a lot of fund-raising, but I have no idea how accurate that is or what the result was.

My answer would be that coaches can certainly help with fund-raising, but the ultimate responsibility for that generally falls on the AD or people working with the AD.

and the fact that - as far as I know - Athlete's Village is still not paid for indicates that the current AD is not exactly doing a bang-up job of shaking the money tree.

I knew Bernie got him, I did not know to what extent. Ouch.
Sid lost a lot. As did many other Twin Citians. Public record, from Madoff bankruptcy schedules. That was a long time ago. I don’t remember Sid’s exact dollar amount loss, but it would have made a nice gift to the U.

Jerry Kill’s record with Minnesota
29-29 (14-21) Best record was 8-5 and never won a bowl game

PJ Fleck with Minnesota
49-34 (29-32) Best record 11-2 and ended season ranked in the top 10.

If you want to complain about PJ, and lord knows I do sometimes, then that’s fine. But comparing anything that Fleck has accomplished to what Kill did here is stupid. One is clearly better than the other and trying to link the two is ridiculous.

Top Bottom