Who do you prefer for our Deep-South opponent?

Who do you prefer for our Deep-South opponent?

• Mississippi

Votes: 26 21.0%
  • Mississippi State

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Missouri

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • Georgia

Votes: 37 29.8%

• Total voters
Missouri is deep-south?
I met a young lady from Missouri a ways back. We were talking and she proceeded to tell me in a very pronounced Southern drawl, "I just love your accent." Wasn't sure how to take that.

For me, Georgia. I think it would turn more heads if we come out with a W.

That was my first thought too. But then it occurred to me that a Georgia loss would just validate the Georgia/Mark Richt doubters and not necessarily result in a lot of credit coming our way.

Missouri was a slave state, right? Missouri Compromise.

A well, they still were never part of the Confederacy. Many think of them being in the Stars and Bars but, like Kentucky, they never officially joined. From our northern perspective they seem southern and I guess from a college sports perspective Missouri fans may feel more like a part of the south since they are now in the SEC. Deep south to me means the gulf states and maybe Georgia and South Carolina. To others deep south it might be anywhere below Mankato.

Would prefer either Mississippi team. Picked Miss State just because. Ole Miss would be a great matchup as well.

Probably Mizzou. Don't want to go too far south.

Just don't stop in Iowa.

I was working in Arkansas a few years ago. On the way back to Minnesota, I ran over a pig in Missouri. Good porkchops. Then I ran over a pig in Iowa. She was hospitalized for 2 months.

Just don't stop in Iowa.

I was working in Arkansas a few years ago. On the way back to Minnesota, I ran over a pig in Missouri. Good porkchops. Then I ran over a pig in Iowa. She was hospitalized for 2 months.

:clap::clap::clap:

Mizzou. Because I live here and could easily be talked into going to the game.

Well, the voters got their wish today.

Top Bottom