Who could be the new Offensive Coordinator?

gophers141

Reaction score
Just to simply stir the pot....

Let's say that the offensive struggles continue and Jerry has to make a tough decision for Limegrover to be demoted to only o-line duties.

Who could we realistically get to come to Minnesota and improve the offense?

Let's say that the offensive struggles continue and Jerry has to make a tough decision for Limegrover to be demoted to only o-line duties.

Or we could get a new Oline coach and Limey can focus on the offense. Does clays coach a position on D?

From the NCAA bylaws:
11.7.2 Bowl Subdivision Football. [FBS] There shall be a limit of one head coach, nine assistant coaches and two graduate
assistant coaches who may be employed by an institution in bowl subdivision football.

So, which of the 9 allowable coaches do you fire to make room for this new coach?

Making room for that aside, I'm not sure.

At MN I don't think we get the pick of the litter so there is that.

Really it has to be someone that jive's with Jerry and everyone else and Jerry plays everything pretty close to his chest so it is hard to know who that might be.

How about a Dr. Don GH contest and the winner gets the job and calls all those good plays that work instead of the bad ones that don't?

Who could we realistically get to come to Minnesota and improve the offense?[/QUOTE

As long as we do not have a healthy O line, why do we need a different guy. Limgrover has proven to be a winner. Lets see what happens when we have all hands on deck for a week or 2.

How about a Dr. Don GH contest and the winner gets the job and calls all those good plays that work instead of the bad ones that don't?

I'd rather the selection of an OC be more data driven and made available to more than just one GH since we have so many capable candidates. How about as a compromise we let the winner of the weekly pick the score be OC for the next game?

I'd rather the selection of an OC be more data driven and made available to more than just one GH since we have so many capable candidates. How about as a compromise we let the winner of the weekly pick the score be OC for the next game?

You do know according to DrDon station19 never wins, so I guess that it would be okay.:rolleyes:

Kill is always talking about the longevity and loyalty of his staff. I don't see him making a shake-up unless things got really bad - or unless Limegrover went to Kill and asked to be relieved of one of his jobs. And then, as someone pointed out, if Limegrover stays on the staff, someone else has to go. So, my wild guess would be that - if a change is made - they would move Zebrowski up to O-Coordinator, and Let Limegrover work with the O-Line.

Kill is always talking about the longevity and loyalty of his staff. I don't see him making a shake-up unless things got really bad - or unless Limegrover went to Kill and asked to be relieved of one of his jobs. And then, as someone pointed out, if Limegrover stays on the staff, someone else has to go. So, my wild guess would be that - if a change is made - they would move Zebrowski up to O-Coordinator, and Let Limegrover work with the O-Line.

Because Coach Z has done such a great job coaching up and developing QB's? YUCK

Limegrover should be the new OC. I realize you are just stirring the pot - and this is speculation - but Kill is probably half the OC now, imposing a narrow viewpoint: run and control the clock; stop the run & good defense; pass infrequently. As others have posted, Limey has a degree from the U of Chicago - the Harvard of the Midwest. He's a smart guy and can call an imaginative game when allowed to, which is not often (look at Kent State: 35 runs between the tackles for nothing). Kill would never fire Limegrover because of their long association - but he could give him more freedom, game to game.

As Kill and Limey has said they don't really adhere to traditional roles. Limey isn't the OC like we're used to seeing with it being 'his offense' and everyone else falling in line. They really do collaborate as a staff which means hiring a new OC would mean a completely new philosophy to not just the offense on the field but their entire approach to coaching and gameplanning. Also, because of their approach I doubt Kill views offensive struggles as Limey not performing well but more as a failure of the entire staff with him very much included.

It's hard to believe it's the same staff that game planned the Nebraska and Indiana games a couple of years ago (remember the first play at Indiana? A flea-flicker for some odd 40 yards!).

I'm really hoping it is a some combination of the issues with the o-line and QB that is causing this awful offense we are watching versus bad game planners. I say that because these kids will graduate and move on and eventually these talented recruiting classes coming in will hopefully allow us to open it up more down the road.

On a side note, was that story a couple of weeks ago about Lane Kiffen turn out to be a hoax?

Why?

Bring home Marc Trestman.

Or Tony Dungy of course.

How about as a compromise we let the winner of the weekly pick the score be OC for the next game?

Coach Kill: How do you do, good lady. I am Jerry, Head Coach of the Gophers. Whose office is that?
GopherHole: Head Coach of the who?
Coach Kill: The Gophers.
Troll: Who are the Gophers?
Coach Kill: Well, we all are. We're all Gophers and I am your Head Coach.
Troll: I didn't know we had a Head Coach. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
GopherHole: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the red-shirt classes--
Troll: Oh there you go, bringing classes into it again.
GopherHole: That's what it's all about if only people would--
Coach Kill: Please, please good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that office?
Troll: No one lives there.
Coach Kill: Then who is your OC?
Troll: We don't have an OC.
Coach Kill: What?
GopherHole: I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of an Offensive Coordinator for the week.
Coach Kill: Yes.
GopherHole: But all the decisions of that OC have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.
Coach Kill: Yes, I see.
GopherHole: By a simple majority in the case of running plays,--
Coach Kill: Be quiet!
GopherHole: --but by a two-thirds majority in the case of jet sweeps--
Coach Kill: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
Troll: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?
Coach Kill: I am your Head Coach!
Troll: Well, I didn't vote for you.
Coach Kill: You don't vote for Head Coaches.
Troll: Well, 'ow did you become Head Coach then?
Coach Kill: The Lady of the 10,000 Lakes, [angels sing] her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Paul Bunyan’s Axe from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Coach Kill, was to carry The Axe. [singing stops] That is why I am your Head Coach!
GopherHole: Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing axes is no basis for a system of coaching. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
DENNIS: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw an axe at you!
Coach Kill: Shut up!
GopherHole: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was a Head Coach just because some moistened bink had lobbed an axe at me they'd put me away!
Coach Kill: Shut up! Will you shut up!
GopherHole: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
GopherHole: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!
Coach Kill: Bloody peasant!
GopherHole: Oh, what a give-away. Did you here that, did you here that, eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me, you saw it didn't you?

Coach Kill: How do you do, good lady. I am Jerry, Head Coach of the Gophers. Whose office is that?
GopherHole: Head Coach of the who?
Coach Kill: The Gophers.
Troll: Who are the Gophers?
DENNIS: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw an axe at you!
GopherHole: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was a Head Coach just because some moistened bink had lobbed an axe at me they'd put me away!
Coach Kill: Shut up! Will you shut up!
GopherHole: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
GopherHole: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!
Coach Kill: Bloody peasant!
GopherHole: Oh, what a give-away. Did you here that, did you here that, eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me, you saw it didn't you?

Love that scene.

This thread should end. Maybe we should start a "Who will be your wife's next husband" thread!

It's hard to believe it's the same staff that game planned the Nebraska and Indiana games a couple of years ago (remember the first play at Indiana? A flea-flicker for some odd 40 yards!).

We ran a flea flicker against TCU this year.

Top Bottom