Who bought the Hawk?

Where does Hawkins end up (who tampered with him)?

• Arizona

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Auburn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indiana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • McNeese

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Memphis

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • USC

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hawk is a really good player and I still hold out hope he stays. However, he is a defensive liability against bigger point guards due to his size. He also can't finish in the paint. I think he will find a good spot, but I'd be shocked if it is a blue blood stop of that level.
There is no way he is staying. This reeks of tampering but given that he already said he was coming back and then he went into the portal anyway there is zero chance he will be on the team next year.

Would love to be wrong but with how this has played out I just don't see any way he is with us in 24/25.

He’s from DC, so I automatically think schools near his home.

Maryland
Georgetown
Villanova
Virginia
Va Tech

But they don’t sound like big NIL players,

So what school needs an assist machine that can make enough threes to keep teams honest?

Duke or UNC smell right.

You might notice Duke has no guards in the incoming feast of talent.

Put a pass first low turnover PG and you are done.
If he goes to Duke I will have a meltdown.

There is no way he is staying. This reeks of tampering but given that he already said he was coming back and then he went into the portal anyway there is zero chance he will be on the team next year.

Would love to be wrong but with how this has played out I just don't see any way he is with us in 24/25.
I think he's already burned the "return to Minnesota" bridge with how he's handled this situation. Not to say with certainty that Ben wouldn't take him back if he didn't land somewhere else (he will), but there would certainly be tension.

I think he's already burned the "return to Minnesota" bridge with how he's handled this situation. Not to say with certainty that Ben wouldn't take him back if he didn't land somewhere else (he will), but there would certainly be tension.
Ben wouldn't have a choice though to be honest. Yep, there might be some tension, but as of right now, you are starting a freshman point guard or Mike Mitchell at that spot.

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 10.55.46 PM.png
Very curious how much money it was? He doesn't even know who his teammates are etc.
If true, Kentucky was after him and he chose the Red Raiders...why would you do that unless the money was huge? If the money was huge...why would they still have 5 open spots?

Texas finished tied for third in the conference but leading scorer jumped in the portal....why?

Last edited:

Top Bottom