Who are our" Boosters"? And who represents the collective voice of "the boosters" ?

Dwight Schrute

When I die I want to be frozen
Reaction score
Who are our" Boosters"? And who represents the collective voice of "the boosters" ?

Who are our "Boosters"? Who represents the collective voice of "the boosters"

Anyone who says "Our boosters want this...." might be working off suspicious references, unless someone can tell me who represents the collective voice of "the boosters?"

My best guess at looking at any collective voice on U of MN sports is by looking at the Gopher Hole, and opinions are all over the place, thus anyone speaking as though one voice exists on this issue seems suspect to me...

Anyone who says "Our boosters want this...." might be working off suspicious references, unless someone can tell me who represents the collective voice of "the boosters?"

My best guess at looking at any collective voice on U of MN sports in by looking at the Gopher Hole, and opinions are all over the place, thus anyone speaking as though one voice exists on this issue seems suspect to me...

Who gives a rip about boosters or fans? We have Villa 7. Trust Teague. (Actually- he might find a good coach. Will it matter? Will the coach have the things he needs to succeed?)

Who gives a rip about boosters or fans? We have Villa 7. Trust Teague. (Actually- he might find a good coach. Will it matter? Will the coach have the things he needs to succeed?)

Who is the master voice that sums up "booster" opinion?

My best guess at looking at any collective voice on U of MN sports in by looking at the Gopher Hole, and opinions are all over the place, thus anyone speaking as though one voice exists on this issue seems suspect to me...

I would guess the collective voice of "the boosters" is these guys:
http://www.goldendunkers.org/

That is a good question. For all the times the term "booster" is tossed about, they are pretty invisible, and to be honest have not "boosted" all that much in terms of facilities. That could be a bit of an admin issue as well, but we don't have a lot of evidence of heavy donating boosters at the U.

According to the NCAA, I am a booster. I got a small print brochure a few years ago, reminding me that I am and what I can and cannot do. No violations will occur, since I have no cash to commit them.

dude.....give it up already. you are getting close to being a borderline wren on this topic. step back and take a breath. :rolleyes:

I used to really respect your takes on this board, but your constant grinding of the Flip Saunders axe has diminished that greatly. Get over it.

Who is the master voice that sums up "booster" opinion?

There is no master voice. There are people who donate and who have to be impressed and listened to in order to do so. Every business has customers, this business takes an unusual form. Right now the U is after $170 million to upgrade facilities. A good relationship with donors will be crucial. I'm not saying Teague can't gain that. I jsut laugh at the folks that thinks it is a good strategy that some brain wizard can just go out and pick his own guy and ignore the supporters who will fund it. That's why the news this morning - if true- that Teague is listening and communicating is a good sign.

yes, who cares about the boosters and fans, without them the U's athletic department will be far better off just like all the other universities!

---was this guy serious?

yes, who cares about the boosters and fans, without them the U's athletic department will be far better off just like all the other universities!

---was this guy serious?

Pretty sure it was sarcasm.

i cant tell the difference between sarcasm and actual opinions on gopherhole anymore. so many nut jobs recently

There is no master voice. There are people who donate and who have to be impressed and listened to in order to do so. Every business has customers, this business takes an unusual form. Right now the U is after $170 million to upgrade facilities. A good relationship with donors will be crucial. I'm not saying Teague can't gain that. I just laugh at the folks that thinks it is a good strategy that some brain wizard can just go out and pick his own guy and ignore the supporters who will fund it. That's why the news this morning - if true- that Teague is listening and communicating is a good sign.

Thanks for the help in clarifying this and I agree it is important to listen to the big money donors. But do they all agree as press reports indicate? As guys on the radio and press reports say things such as "The Boosters want Flip"? What Boosters make up this core of loud supporters that have Teagues ear who represent a majority of these individual boosters? Who is this core? Or who are the elite individual "customers" who make these requests on behalf of the other boosters? Is it Dave Mona? Is it Sid Hartman? Is it the Davis Family? Is it Lou Nanny?

The 'Golden Dunkers' website says everything anyone on the Gopherhole needs to know. It's quite simple.

2013 Golden Dunker Golf Tournament
With:
Coach Tubby Smith
More Information Coming Soon!

Look at the bold underline type, then look at the small font used for the coach. that tells you there is more information coming soon. How soon you ask? Tune in for more information this week.

i cant tell the difference between sarcasm and actual opinions on gopherhole anymore. so many nut jobs recently

lakesgopher, it is really very easy to tell. Everything on GopherHole is fact. There is no sarcasm nor actual opinions allowed. There is no BS, there are never any PC's, all is good in kumbaya land.

lakesgopher, it is really very easy to tell. Everything on GopherHole is fact. There is no sarcasm nor actual opinions allowed. There is no BS, there are never any PC's, all is good in kumbaya land.

Lol

I have little doubt that the boosters probably support Flip and would prefer him. Should that be factored into the decision? Maybe a tad. However, Teague needs to hire who he thinks will win the most basketball games. That's how you expand your number of boosters, that's the whole point of this.

I have a feeling that if the boosters wanted Anthony Grant REALLY bad, that a lot of the people arguing that we need their input on this decision would change their tune. It's the people who want the same guy as the boosters that think their opinion should be controlling.

Lets just find a coach to win some games, I don't care if it's Flip, I don't care if it's Ryan Saunders, that fat VCU fan Pav, that anonymous poster Donny, or Andy Enfield's wife. If we win, we'll fill up the barn, the practice facility/plane are done and the media will come around.

Lets just find a coach to win some games, I don't care if it's Flip, I don't care if it's Ryan Saunders, that fat VCU fan Pav, that anonymous poster Donny, or Andy Enfield's wife. If we win, we'll fill up the barn, the practice facility/plane are done and the media will come around.

Now you've gone too far.

Grant. No one does less with more talent.

Now you've gone too far.
Bob, exactly right! But I'm still wondering what individual or individuals make up the spokesman for "the boosters" that Doogie references? Because if they are real and this secret society of influential boosters exist, then we need to create a booster club to influence the true influential booster club...I wonder if they have a secret True Booster club handshake? I think Doogie reported the secret password is Ski-U-Ma, then they reveal to him the true intentions of "the boosters"...

Bob, exactly right! But I'm still wondering what individual or individuals make up the spokesman for "the boosters" that Doogie references? Because if they are real and this secret society of influential boosters exist, then we need to create a booster club to influence the true influential booster club...I wonder if they have a secret True Booster club handshake? I think Doogie reported the secret password is Ski-U-Ma, then they reveal to him the true intentions of "the boosters"...

Yeah, it's a good question. At one point have I given enough money to the U to be considered a booster? I think it's the old fellas from the other website.

Grant. No one does less with more talent.

He turned around a bad Alabama program.
They were 20-30 in the SEC before he arrived and are 39-27 with him.
He did well at VCU.

He's done quite a bit in Alabama.

I am.

We have demanded that Flip gets the job but only after a run at Shaka, Stevens, Hoiberg and a couple of mystery candidates. We also demanded that Teague try to low-ball Flip so that he initially turns us down, so we can look at more mid-major coaches.

So far we are right on schedule.

The boosters are people who have given, and/or are capable of giving, enough money to matter to the athletic department. Or in a few cases, are influential and visible enough to spur giving by others.

If you have to ask if you are one, you're almost certainly not.

The boosters are people who have given, and/or are capable of giving, enough money to matter to the athletic department. Or in a few cases, are influential and visible enough to spur giving by others.

If you have to ask if you are one, you're almost certainly not.

But please tell me what individual, from this elite booster group, can call Doogie and give him the "Here is what the boosters demand" scoop...

For the record, I know what the definition of the term "booster" means, but Im sill looking for the faces and the names of who "The Boosters" are, referenced within the media...

Whether or not Flip gets the job, He has said for along time he didn't really know if he wanted to go back to college. If he has to be TALKED INTO THE JOB HE WILL NOT SUCCEED.

I am.

We have demanded that Flip gets the job but only after a run at Shaka, Stevens, Hoiberg and a couple of mystery candidates. We also demanded that Teague try to low-ball Flip so that he initially turns us down, so we can look at more mid-major coaches.

So far we are right on schedule.
Funny stuff right there...where does your secret society meet to figure out such schemes?

Top Bottom