Who and when do you think will be Johnson’s first commit?

I know we already have 2 Cs recruited for this year, but I wouldn’t mind if it’s Holmgren 😁😁😁

Just sitting here waiting on the Holmgren commit...

In all honesty though, would any big time recruit or transfer want to come in this year without any proven track record for a first year head coach? I have my doubts, but would love to see it. I think the assistant coaches will be a huge factor with the initial wave of commitments and recruiting.

I want a high four star, fringe 5 star. In reality, I think his first commit is a high 3 star, and he sells it to the fan base as the "right fit" for the team, don't look at the stars, plays at a 5 star level. Salesman stuff.

i think the first one will be from the transfer portal.

1st high school commit. Does having Thompson announce that he plans to stay signed with MN count? If so i will go with him.

There's no way to predict who's the first, but my hope is that he's able to nab Eli King. The guy can flat-out play and is exactly the kind of player to realize the little I heard in the press conference today about what Johnson wants to do.

There's no way to predict who's the first, but my hope is that he's able to nab Eli King. The guy can flat-out play and is exactly the kind of player to realize the little I heard in the press conference today about what Johnson wants to do.
I love King’s game. Would be thrilled if he committed. Nothing not to like about him. Come on!! Make Caledonia Gopher Country.

God i hope they can get Eli King....he would be a very good get....
I’m glad everyone agrees. The kid is the real deal. Perfect type of player for Johnson to lock down. Has everything, local kid, small town...would be a fan favorite for how he plays. Brings toughness.

I’m glad everyone agrees. The kid is the real deal. Perfect type of player for Johnson to lock down. Has everything, local kid, small town...would be a fan favorite for how he plays. Brings toughness.
I mean im shooting for the moon....but a backcourt tandem of King & Holloman would be a great start to the class!

Plus his dad is a coach (his coach). I was surprised he isn't playing football. I heard Notre Dame offered him after his 10th grade year.

I mean im shooting for the moon....but a backcourt tandem of King & Holloman would be a great start to the class!
I think that would be the best backcourt since Harris and Jackson. Hyperbole? Maybe. But I really really like those 2.

Plus his dad is a coach (his coach). I was surprised he isn't playing football. I heard Notre Dame offered him after his 10th grade year.
He could play both for the gophers. So could holloman. Not at once, but if they called fleck tomorrow wanting to commit he’d be pumped. Holloman’s mom is a coach. I think she went to Minnesota but my memory fails me
Sometimes. Way too much alcohol the past 12 months.

Trying to exclude answers from the transfer portal...though some intriguing options in the.

I think it’ll be someone from 2022. I’ll guess Eli King, Caledonia. 5/5/2021. LFG!
He needs to be a recruiting priority!

This would be massive. He is so quick and dynamic. No idea what he is thinking. Has he confirmed he wants to play basketball in college? Fleck and Johnson gonna fight over him?
Let him play both if he wants - I love 2 sport athletes!

He needs to be a recruiting priority!
Agreed. After Chet and maybe Holloman I want Eli King. Lots of great players locally but I have wanted the gophers to offer him since I saw him on the state tourney as an 8th grader. I said that say I’d take him over both his brothers.

He could play both for the gophers. So could holloman. Not at once, but if they called fleck tomorrow wanting to commit he’d be pumped. Holloman’s mom is a coach. I think she went to Minnesota but my memory fails me
Yes. Mom is a Gopher. Crystal Flint ?

I think Suggs commented on PJ being the type of coach he would have loved to play for....I wish he would have chosen football lol.

I was talking about King with a semi retired (ha!) high school coach last night. He said King is definitely a B1G player and someone we should definitely try to get. I have only seen him play one time....against Waseca in a holiday tournament when he was a sophomore....so his older....not oldest brother...was playing point guard. You could tell by watching Eli that he was an athlete. I called my friend on the way home from the game and he told me he watched him play football in the prep bowl and he looked like Randy Moss.

Yes. Mom is a Gopher. Crystal Flint ?

To me he's the biggest early test for Big Ben for metro area studs being nationally recruited. He is a leader and the key to the 2022 class – it has been stated that if we get him, others will follow. I also think a good PG is the most important spot on a team – look as the FR. From LSU who almost one the game for them yesterday and became only the 4th Fr in NCAA history to score 25+ in his first 2 games in the tourney.

I have to believe that we have a better shot today to land him then we did with Pitino still at the helm. Hope is exciting!!

Top Bottom