Who 👃a trip to the NIT Quarterfinals?

Do we advance to the quarterfinals?

• Total voters

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I watched the second half last night, as I could only stay up for the first half on Tuesday - I’m still in shock that we won.

I kept expecting us to lose, and this is a game which we would have earlier in the year, but we kept scrappy do-ing it until the end and a win.

Yes, their best player, Daniels made a horrible pass, but the Flying 🦊 still has to make the steal and the shortest guy in the floor grabs the offensive board and makes both free throws to go ahead, while Carrington plays great D on their final shot - epitome if a team W.

This should put to bed the nonsense that the team quit on Ben down the stretch.

I think the longer the run is, the better odds that the core group returns in tact next season. Shared experiences are powerful in cementing relationships and these guys will believe more in each other, the team, Ben etc…

Additionally, I think it helps our portal recruiting, as it makes us a more attractive destination - good players like to play with good players.

We win and continue our postseason jaunt.

Last edited:

Yea, the exposure on TV helps build the MN "brand" as well. Its really something to see all the Big Ten guys in the portal already. Rutgers is losing a lot right as their nation's #2 recruiting class is about to come in. Maryland turnover, Penn St., Indiana, Iowa--guys want out.

Indiana St. will be a popular view for all bb fans due to the curiosity factor of Avila, assist man Hawkins, and the amazing statistics for Ind. St.: #1 in nation in EFG% (60%), 2PFG% (62.2%), #10 3FG% (38.4%) while #6 in 3FGRate (49.1%of FGs!). #2FT% (80.6%), DefRB #7, but OffRB #326 (Likely because they make so many shots!). LOT of good stuff for MN to break down. All from a team that has played 22 Quad 3-4 games. Difficult to compare stats in MVC vs BigTen.

Really depends on which Gopher defense shows up. If they play like they did late in the season defensively Indiana St may score 120. If they lock in and try and do the right things—they should win.

Top Bottom