white helmets

MDGopherFan

Reaction score
when the most enjoyable aspect of a college football game is your team's white helmets, you know the program has reached the lowest of the low. That said, I loved the helmets; the only way to improve them would have been a triple stripe down the center (and perhaps replacing the M with the jersey number! :)

RE: White Helmets

I'm guessing you'll have a chance to buy one on gophersports in a few weeks for cheap.

If they are available I will get one as long as it isn't autographed by Brewster.

We are only a couple plays away from being undefeated in white helmets...

Nice to have our taxpayer money being spend on something stupid like white helmets and eight different uniforms.

Maybe if they would quit spending so much on uniforms they could afford to get better recruits since the budget is what is holding them back. At least according to sid it is.

Those helmets are at least $100 apiece, probably more. So they buy, what, 70 of them?!!!! Quit wasting time on uniforms and start coaching!

They were probably just painted or had them laying around in the equipment room. They don't cost nearly that much for programs to do things like this. Go back to maroon unless its a throwback white helmet.

If only we had pink facemasks attached to them. We could be the Minnesota Albino Gophers

Nice to have our taxpayer money being spend on something stupid like white helmets and eight different uniforms.

If you think it is taxpayer money that is supporting alternate jerseys you are as big of a moron as the Wisconsin fan who sat in front of me who brought a bucky badger doll to the game on saturday.

If you think it is taxpayer money that is supporting alternate jerseys you are as big of a moron as the Wisconsin fan who sat in front of me who brought a bucky badger doll to the game on saturday.

Yup.

One thing about a losing season...the freakout brigade sure comes up with some gold plated stupidity.

A helmet costs about $250.

Do you guys realize that most college teams have a game helmet and a practice helmet. The game helmet is repainted or conditioned each week in preparation for the next game. Meaning there aren't new helmets purchased.

Lets quit searching for an identity. We are Mn. and uniforms won't change the play on the field. Get one for home and one away and start playing FB

Do you guys realize that most college teams have a game helmet and a practice helmet. The game helmet is repainted or conditioned each week in preparation for the next game. Meaning there aren't new helmets purchased.

I knew that Notre Dame repainted their helmets before every game (thank you Rudy).

You are the moron

Unlike other schools, the taxpayer funded our stadium...that's right the taxpayer. There isn't any money for that, but we have extra for NEW white helmets. You are the moron for not understanding how much money your buddy Brewster has waisted. You are truely a Brewster Brew Crew guy, I can tell. Maybe new helmets every week?

Unlike other schools, the taxpayer funded our stadium...that's right the taxpayer. There isn't any money for that, but we have extra for NEW white helmets. You are the moron for not understanding how much money your buddy Brewster has waisted. You are truely a Brewster Brew Crew guy, I can tell. Maybe new helmets every week?

The fact is that taxpayer money did not pay for these helmets. That money came from game day revenue and TV contracts. That the state paid part of the bill for TCF Bank Stadium doesn't change this fact. These helmets aren't going to be thrown away, they are going to be used for their full life cycle. The Gophers would need to purchase these helmets anyway.

Throw on the stripes from this helmet and we have a winner:
Minnesota_OLD3.gif

A modernized M and maroon facemask and this one would also be great:
Minnesota_OLD4.gif

God this fan base will bitch about ANYTHING. The team is terrible but the uniform has nothing to do with it.

Solid gold I tell you...well, solid plated gold poo at least. Please don't ever change. We all need something to entertain us during a long season and your nonsense is as good as anything. Have you considered starting a weekly podcast with Sid where you try to top each other's nonsense? I know you'd have a tough hill to climb, but clinging to arguments like these would put you in contention every week.

Here's a little congratulations gift (well earned if you ask me):

golden-poo-cellphone-charm-081207.jpg

Hello Pot. Meet Kettle.

the uniforms were a slap in the face to gopher tradition!

it is just another way that brewster has tried to cover up the fact that he is a horid coach. please let the marron and gold wear marron and gold.

we looked like the wisconson practice squad in those ugly arse uniforms.

the uniforms were a slap in the face to gopher tradition!

it is just another way that brewster has tried to cover up the fact that he is a horid coach. please let the marron and gold wear marron and gold.

we looked like the wisconson practice squad in those ugly arse uniforms.

This would make all kinds of sense if we had historically consistent uniforms that suddenly changed. But since consistency of style has not been a hallmark of Gopher football I'm going to have to go "meh" to your argument. They weren't my cup of tea but they aren't the end of the world.

well next time the guys on the radio say "here come the boys in white" I will get on board with you.

I hated them, but that's just me.

I would have been ok if they were wearing gold or maroon pants. The White everything was incredibly bland and made it hard to tell who Wisconsin was playing if you weren't already aware. Maybe that was the point.

Top Bottom