While I Like GopherHole . . .

DL65

Reaction score
• For me, it’s the go-to site for Gopher sports information.

• Bleedgopher’s many timely links and Nadine’s presser reports and her knowledgeable comments. (Thanks, also, to the GopherHole staff.)

• Knowledgeable thoughts and opinions stated by many GopherHole members.

• Subtle and not too subtle humor in the postings.

• People willing to step-up (thanks short ornery norwegian –SON and others) and those that give helpful assistance by providing links. (Thanks, station19 for today’s assistance.)

Thanks to all for making GopherHole an active, fun site to visit. Of course, GopherHole being a free site is also very much appreciated.
Gratitude and expressions of thankfulness are extremely important. So, again, thank you to all contributors to GopherHole.

Go Gophers!!

Thanks to you, too, DL. I get awfully crabby when people who really believe they are "fans" post such negative and destructive stuff here. I know I should just let it go, but I am very passionate about this team and the U. I much appreciate everything you listed above.

Go Gophers!

Love the site and hate to bring up a negative...but how many others have trouble with the site actually loading?

Love the site and hate to bring up a negative...but how many others have trouble with the site actually loading?

Not so much loading but it often locks up when I am typing a response.

Thanks to you, too, DL. I get awfully crabby when people who really believe they are "fans" post such negative and destructive stuff here. I know I should just let it go, but I am very passionate about this team and the U. I much appreciate everything you listed above.

Go Gophers!

Fans can be negative w/o being "fans".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very frustrating...

Lots of times loads slow, won't move... definitely not a computer problem but a site problem. I am Still here most every day. I enjoy the site, but it would be nice if it operated more smoothly.

Lots of times loads slow, won't move... definitely not a computer problem but a site problem. I am Still here most every day. I enjoy the site, but it would be nice if it operated more smoothly.
Post from your data phone using the tapatalk app. It's the only way I access the site anymore. Very quick and easy to follow threads.

Well for some reason I don't seem to have those loading problems.

Posting from an elderly kerosene powered desktop.:cool02:

Post from your data phone using the tapatalk app. It's the only way I access the site anymore. Very quick and easy to follow threads.

+1

I'm still waiting for 2nd part of the clause: "While I like Gopherhole, but....?" Just kidding - I assume it is a typo. I agree with all your plaudits...I think some posters pose as false optimists just to rag on the team later but overall it is an entertaining message board. Back in '07 or '08 when I yearned for a site that to enhance my fandom, this was really the only option and as much as I want to give it up, it will always have a special place in my heart.

I'm still waiting for 2nd part of the clause: "While I like Gopherhole, but....?" Just kidding - I assume it is a typo. I agree with all your plaudits...I think some posters pose as false optimists just to rag on the team later but overall it is an entertaining message board. Back in '07 or '08 when I yearned for a site that to enhance my fandom, this was really the only option and as much as I want to give it up, it will always have a special place in my heart.

Good catch . . . it's a typo. It happens when one is thinking ahead too much and not paying close attention to the script that is being written and then not catching the error during the proofing.

Go Gophers!!

I like GH because I no longer have to referee pissing contests or read insulting posts.

Acting on the advice of a fellow GH member, I installed the "AdBlock Plus" app on my computer (I use Google Chrome for my browser.) That seems to help the site run more smoothly on my computer. I had no problems typing in my notes for the Sports Huddle today.

Hi Dr. Don. Been meaning to ask this for a while, but how close are you to Show Low? My sister lives there.

Hey, interesting. We live northeast of St. Johns about 20 miles. We are about 60-70 miles from Show Low. That is where I do my medical business. We get to Show Low once or twice a month, as needed.

Download Firefox and use the private window. Tweets don't show up in posts but you can click a link and see them on the authors Twitter page. You can also go into setting on Google Chrome and block Javascript from running on Gopherhole. You'll need to open youtube and hudl to play video if you use Chrome

Acting on the advice of a fellow GH member, I installed the "AdBlock Plus" app on my computer (I use Google Chrome for my browser.) That seems to help the site run more smoothly on my computer. I had no problems typing in my notes for the Sports Huddle today.
AdBlock Plus is hands down the best Chrome add-on. Makes everything more enjoyable to browse, not just Gopher Hole.

I like GH because I don't know where else I could find folks that over analyze things to the point where they feel not having a coaches show on FSN affects recruiting, or believe in "bulletin board material" having an effect in the game's outcome. IALTO.

Yep.

Actually, it's because GH'ers have become less argumentative and more polite to each other. Haven't you noticed?

Yes I have.

What do you atribute that to? The fear of Dr.Don's wrath?

So you're saying there're slicker phones than the flip phone I inherited from wife many years ago?

AdBlock Plus is hands down the best Chrome add-on. Makes everything more enjoyable to browse, not just Gopher Hole.

I just assumed everyone used Adblock.

Those damn ads, especially the ones with video, are what take so long to load......that seems to slow down most every site.

AdBlock Plus; don't leave home without it!

I just assumed everyone used Adblock.

Those damn ads, especially the ones with video, are what take so long to load......that seems to slow down most every site.

AdBlock Plus; don't leave home without it!

There's an easier solution. Donate annually to the free site and get all adds removed for the year. Then, no issues.

• For me, it’s the go-to site for Gopher sports information.

• Bleedgopher’s many timely links and Nadine’s presser reports and her knowledgeable comments. (Thanks, also, to the GopherHole staff.)

• Knowledgeable thoughts and opinions stated by many GopherHole members.

• Subtle and not too subtle humor in the postings.

• People willing to step-up (thanks short ornery norwegian –SON and others) and those that give helpful assistance by providing links. (Thanks, station19 for today’s assistance.)

Thanks to all for making GopherHole an active, fun site to visit. Of course, GopherHole being a free site is also very much appreciated.
Gratitude and expressions of thankfulness are extremely important. So, again, thank you to all contributors to GopherHole.

Go Gophers!!

Thank you for starting this thread! I love what you add to the board, your weekly recaps, and just overall attitude. Thank you for all you do!

I personally love all the people that I've met, some are just people you meet and chat with for a few minutes about the Gophers, and some have become lifelong friends. To me, the community is the most important aspect.

There's an easier solution. Donate annually to the free site and get all adds removed for the year. Then, no issues.

I don't get any of the ads, and haven't had any issues listed in this thread.

Gopherhole is awesome and I don't know what I would do with out. Go Gophers!

Thank you for starting this thread! I love what you add to the board, your weekly recaps, and just overall attitude. Thank you for all you do!

I personally love all the people that I've met, some are just people you meet and chat with for a few minutes about the Gophers, and some have become lifelong friends. To me, the community is the most important aspect.

I don't get any of the ads, and haven't had any issues listed in this thread.

Couldn't agree more! Attitude is the most import aspect of this forum. Opinions are a dime-a-dozen, but attitude is Good to have. GL you have Good attitude - no, make that unbelievably Good attitude, tremendous attitude - and I for one appreciate that.
This year my goal is to attend more games at TCF Bank Stadium and drink more boiler-makers pre game than last season, while attending absolutely no games at US Bank Stadium.
Btw...I'm still getting the ads, but lately they're mostly for somewhat naughty, double entendre tee-shirts modeled by young women in short shorts; and since this fits in with my interests and hobbies, I don't really mind. Ski-u-mah! :)

Top Bottom