Which section at the Bank has the most energy?

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
The team has improved and I'd like to think we can improve as fans. Not counting the student sections of course, but which section has people standing throughout the game with good positive and loud cheering?

I'm in section 103 and we are getting better, but I bet there are other sections out there that are contributing to our stadium being a hostile environment for away teams.

Whichever section Ruppert is in with his headphones on soft-rocking to George Harrison.

The team has improved and I'd like to think we can improve as fans. Not counting the student sections of course, but which section has people standing throughout the game with good positive and loud cheering?

I'm in section 103 and we are getting better, but I bet there are other sections out there that are contributing to our stadium being a hostile environment for away teams.

I had tickets in 103 last weekend. I thought the section did a good job of standing and yelling. It was also awesome hearing the student section.

I get dirty looks and "down in front" when I stand up and cheer in 113. So probably not 113.

We sat in Sec 140/row 8 last for the SJSU which is right behind the Gopher bench. Fantastic seats. I was surprised how involved the fans were expecting an older group. But there were very few "older" fans. They are more involved than Sec 238 where we have our tickets. Plus the volume level is much greater down low and the band sounds great from there.

This weekend it will be the visitors sections. The Iowa folks act like complete animals up here.

I get dirty looks and "down in front" when I stand up and cheer in 113. So probably not 113.

Yeah. In our new section (114) the blue hairs behind me piss and moan (hollering at fans in front to 'Oh sit down!!!', etc). And that's on key defensive 3rd and 4th downs. I'll stand, I don't care what they say. If they want to tap me and ask to sit, I will politely say, "It's 3rd/4th down, this is our job as fans. Don't like? Stand up with us, sit and watch on the gigantictron, or go home." Hasn't happened yet, but it's only been 2 games they've attended so far. We'll see.

That said, with the exception of them, our section gets up. Not crazy, but it at least gets up.

Now, if there were any way to fill the seats directly in front and next to us with REAL fans instead of randoms off the street, and it would be better.

I challenge anyone to find two more energetic fans than BilldGopher and Mrs. BilldGopher. Anyone in Section 212 knows that these two die-hards bring it every game.

Go Gophers!!

207 is mostly full of middle aged folk who are muted and can't stand. Our group was one of the few standing and yelling on defensive 3rd and 4th downs and those around us were not happy.

Maybe if the PA guy keeps playing the Fox song, the crowd will start to get younger, fresher, and louder?

I was a guest in section 109 last weekend and there was a great ~mid 50's fan named Whitey leading the way for a lot of people in his section.

Maybe if the PA guy keeps playing the Fox song, the crowd will start to get younger, fresher, and louder?

I was a guest in section 109 last weekend and there was a great ~mid 50's fan named Whitey leading the way for a lot of people in his section.

Where at in 109? I still have 2 seats there that have given away. That section gets rowdy, especially with the harassing of opposing teams. It's pretty funny.

I am in Section 103 as well! I agree, it is definitely getting better!

I also think that some of the sections in the 'open end' of the stadium do a good job as far as getting everybody involved with what is happening on the field.

I challenge anyone to find two more energetic fans than BilldGopher and Mrs. BilldGopher. Anyone in Section 212 knows that these two die-hards bring it every game.

Go Gophers!!

Confirm that!!! they are outstanding!

Confirm that!!! they are outstanding!

It's only my second year in the last 3 in the 212 section. Were they by chance dancing with the "we hate Iowa" shirt and leading the cheer last week?

I'm in 105. It's a younger crowd which I like. Only once was I told to sit down and that was the very first year and that person either moved sections or gave up their tickets. I'd assume that 103 is very similar.

I agree with the person that says the open end zone looks rowdy. Easy access to the beer and they're the closest to the field of play. Those sections always appear packed and into the game from my vantage point.

Where at in 109? I still have 2 seats there that have given away. That section gets rowdy, especially with the harassing of opposing teams. It's pretty funny.

Right around row 18. It was a really fun group. The gentleman named Whitey had a contagious smile on his face and his group of friends definitely were having fun.

Section 214 here. Started out slow, but has improved with every game. We even have a lady Gopher fan doing push-ups right along with Goldy. Pretty impressive on her part.

I am in Section 103 as well! I agree, it is definitely getting better!

I also think that some of the sections in the 'open end' of the stadium do a good job as far as getting everybody involved with what is happening on the field.

Cool! We are up at the top (row 30 ) towards the aisle! I will look for a guy that looks like Philip Nelson.

I'm biased but we have a great time in 117. The first few rows often stand for most of the game. The first couple years there was grumbling but that seems to have died down for the most part. We're right next to the students, which I feel gives us some more leeway. Lots of noise coming from our area.

Cool! We are up at the top (row 30 ) towards the aisle! I will look for a guy that looks like Philip Nelson.

Right on! I may, on occasion, wear my #9 Nelson jersey though. I have my tickets in row 13. Have had those same tickets since TCF opened. Hoping we are not inundated with Hogeye filth this coming Saturday. I will certainly be as loud as I can be in 103 (which I already am...:)).

Great thread. We are 208. Not bad, not good. I'd love to move closer to the students.

Section 137 gets it going in the second half. A few students usually come down at half, find open seats in the first few rows, and get the crowd going. As a general note, I would be disappointed if every section doesn't get extremely rowdy this weekend and makes the Iowa fans uncomfortable as we get take Floyd back to Gopher Nation

We've been giving it our all every Saturday at the bank in the bottom section of 138, have made a lot of improvements but still have a long ways to go. Scalpers in the section don't help but oh well.

And please god no more forcing that dumb fox song down our throats trying to make it like Gagnam style, the song sucks.

Wow, 103 represent! I'm also in 103. I have no idea how we compare to other sections, but ours is pretty good. Have no intention of moving.

The people around us in 238 are pretty good. There are no complaints when we stand on 3rd and 4th downs.
The Iowa game might suck though. The 4 seats to our right and 6 almost directly behind us have been empty for the first three games. Pretty sure Hawkeye fans will fill them on Saturday.

We are in 238 as well. The good thing is we are in the top row against the wall, so I never have anyone complain about me standing.

Top Bottom