Which potential coach do you LEAST want?

Which Potential Coach do you LEAST want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
All right all you passive aggressive types. Now is your chance to tell Maturi what you think about some of his potential coaching choices. Which name would you LEAST want to coach our beloved Golden Gophers.

Jerry Kill, I think he is the football equivalent of Dan Monson. Had NIU not beat the gophers this year no one would be bringing up his name.

Edsall and Sumlin don't belong with Mike Grant and Trestman, that's just an insult. I don't think Grant is qualified to coach the Johnnies.

Jerry Kill, I think he is the football equivalent of Dan Monson. Had NIU not beat the gophers this year no one would be bringing up his name.

What do you think of his resume vs. guys like Edsall, Hoke, and Sumlin?

Grant is a total joke!!! Last year he was behind on CDH and continued to run the ball with only a few minutes left. He has had succes because of the numbers EP has. If you split the high school like they did in Lakeville the only time you would see Grant is at OLD Country Buffet (maybe with Mangina the land whale)

It scares me that Trestman is feared nearly as much as Grant.

I hope it is because the possibility of Grant being hired is so laughably absurd that you guys are just not even going to acknowledge him on this list.

Don't get me wrong, if Trestman is hired to coach this team in its current situation, Maturi failed to do what he needed to do. Trestman might be a fine college coach someday, but he is not the answer here and now. Grant on the other hand would never be successful here, nor at any BCS level school.

I was all prepped to vote Trestman, then I saw Grant's name on there. Why is that even a consideration in this poll? It will NEVER happen.

I was all prepped to vote Trestman, then I saw Grant's name on there. Why is that even a consideration in this poll? It will NEVER happen.

The reason I put Grant there is he's sort of a "folk hero" who would make a terrible D-1 Coach at this point. This way, if Trestman loses, it can be said that we'd rather have a coach with no college experience than to have him. This poll measures that degree of disdain for Trestman coaching the Gophers.

Think about this way....in high school we used to put "Bessie the Cow" on the prom queen ballot. Bessie never won, but was always a fan favorite. It kept the prom queen candidates humble.

I promise the next poll I put up will be without ringers or "folk heros". For now...keep those votes coming.

I can't believe there are 9 people who think Sumlin is the worst option of the group.

I can't believe there are 9 people who think Sumlin is the worst option of the group.

When I set it up, I was thinking the combined team of Grant & Trestman would get over 90% of the vote.

While I know this poll is not scientific, it shows the strong feelings for none of the above. The fact that 4 people voted for "Other" is interesting. Who being considered could be worse? (besides a Tim Brewster re-hire)

Top Bottom