Which new-to-the-2023-24 rotation player will have the biggest impact this season?

Which new-to-the-2023-24 rotation player will have the biggest impact this season?

• Elijah Hawkins

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Mike Mitchell

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Isaiah Ihnen

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Kris Keinys

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Erick Reader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kadyn Betts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parker Fox

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Cam Christie

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Jack Wilson

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Since we have a player coming off a RS year, two players coming off injury year(s), we broadened the question beyond just "what new player" and extended this to: Which new-to-the-2023-24 rotation player will have the biggest impact this season?

I think by the time the core BT season roles around, Cam Christie will emerge as the most impactful new to the roster player. I have high hopes for him, though I realize the transition from HS to Big Ten is not always easy.

Better be one of the new guards, if the team wants to win.
I agree if our guards are as bad as last year and we can’t get the ball across half court in 10 seconds, we are in for a long season again

I agree if our guards are as bad as last year and we can’t get the ball across half court in 10 seconds, we are in for a long season again
They'll be quicker and more athletic as a group this year, but we need them all to be healthy this season. After Hawkins/Mitchell/Carrington/Christie, our next men up are Ramberg and Purcell. If one of those first 4 goes down, it could get very tough on the backcourt.

They'll be quicker and more athletic as a group this year, but we need them all to be healthy this season. After Hawkins/Mitchell/Carrington/Christie, our next men up are Ramberg and Purcell. If one of those first 4 goes down, it could get very tough on the backcourt.
No doubt the Gopher guards had issues with Isaiah Stevens in this scrimmage as the numbers attest to. He’s selected to the Mountain West preseason team. (Along with Jalen House and J Mashburn from you know who’s team) Even us dummies on here were saying, “one more backcourt player”.

Last edited:

Pretty bold saying a team that never beats the 10-second call will have trouble.

Top Bottom