Which endzone has had more touchdowns at TCF?

CWCWCW

Reaction score
I haven't located any site that tells which endzone has touchdown scores in TCF Bank Stadium.
I'm primarily interested in our Gopher touchdowns.
I have no way of backing this up, but I'd guess the student section sees more touchdowns than the big scoreboard side. Agree?

For some reason I think that too... but also I've no idea why I think that.

I would guess the student end zone is a little more difficult for the opposing team. It would take some digging - do box scores show which end zone they were going towards?

I would bet money on the student section having more.

I just looked at the box scores, and it appears it didn't indicate which direction they were going. I suppose it wouldn't take too long to watch the scoring highlights of all the home games since 2009.

As a season ticket holder in the open end zone for the last couple of years, I feel like this is true for some reason.

I sit in the SE corner and we have had some memorable TD's in that corner. Decker's tip toe TD from Weber, just as he was being blasted by a Cal Dback, Bateman flying by after his long jaunt from midfield against Penn State, MarQueis Gray's fourth-down sprint for the pylon to beat Iowa, etc. etc. Not sure it feels like "more" TD's have been scored on the closed end of the stadium though.

At the Outback Bowl it seemed like 99% of the action was the opposite end from us...

I sit on the scoreboard side. Feels like throughout the tenure of the Bank that TDs have been pretty equal. If you want to see more FGs/PATs made then I suggest sitting on the student side, scoreboard side seems to have fewer attempts and a few more misses.

I sit nearer the east (student) end zone. If I HAD to bet the mortgage, it would be the east end zone.

I haven't located any site that tells which endzone has touchdown scores in TCF Bank Stadium.
I'm primarily interested in our Gopher touchdowns.
I have no way of backing this up, but I'd guess the student section sees more touchdowns than the big scoreboard side. Agree?
Slow news day, huh?

It seems to me that a whole lot of Tylers TDs were in the west endzone. I sit midfield so i dont care.

The first 4-5 years I was convinced it was the open end, but I think the last few years maybe slightly more closed end (where I sit). It feels like so many big plays and TD's happened in the open end of the stadium those first several years.

I don't remember if it was the 3rd or 4th year, I remember telling my buddy my theory and he mocked me so I kept track and the next few games it was decidedly open end. Then there was a game that virtually everything was our end, I said "about time!" and quit keeping track of it.

It's probably one of those where several less memorable TD's were our end, so it seemed worse than it was.

I spend nearly all of 1st QTR in the open having a couple beers. I do this with hopes of seeing us score since we typically start going that way. Seems that last year I did not see too many touchdowns.

I spend nearly all of 1st QTR in the open having a couple beers. I do this with hopes of seeing us score since we typically start going that way. Seems that last year I did not see too many touchdowns.
The Gopher's starting the season hot is pretty rare.

It feels more frequent under PJ than Kill... but still not super common either.

We're a slow to warm team usually ;)

No need to wonder any longer, I did the math.

That’s awesome. Did you by any chance break it down by touchdowns and field goals? I could see field goals being tougher on the open end due to wind. But I don’t understand why touchdowns would be significantly different.

WMFD5fs.gif

That’s awesome. Did you by any chance break it down by touchdowns and field goals? I could see field goals being tougher on the open end due to wind. But I don’t understand why touchdowns would be significantly different.
I can take a look at that later today. It is possible with the data I have.

No need to wonder any longer, I did the math.

That's awesome! Thanks for doing that! I would have thought one would be higher for the Gophers and the other would have been higher for the visitors. So weird. Wonder why that is, or if it's just a coincidence?

That's awesome! Thanks for doing that! I would have thought one would be higher for the Gophers and the other would have been higher for the visitors. So weird. Wonder why that is, or if it's just a coincidence?
Well when a coin flip plays a part... yeah it will be a little less predictable.

Top Bottom