Which do you prefer?

gophmeister

Reaction score
1. When a player with high expectations (i.e. blue chip) attached to him lives up to those expectations...

- or -

2. When a walk-on turns out to be a great player?

I'm gonna say blue chip, because I hate wasted potential.

I want to have the best player in the country at every position, regardless of their incoming hype. I love the feel good story, so I would go with a walk-on, and hope it is a walk-on who is beating out a blue chip player who IS living up to his expectations. ;)

I like both, so I can't really say which is more enjoyable. However, when it comes to players not panning out I know which one is more disappointing.

Walk on. Guys like Jim Leonhard always more fun to watch. We may have one in Rallis should be fun to watch.

Easy, the blue chop guy. The vast majority of walk on success stories are ones where guys come in and work their way to being solid contributers, a few even being NFL quality players. However those guys are more often than not linemen or LBs. You rarely see a walk on become a superstar at a spot like QB, RB, WR or DB, and the ones at other spots aren't often game or program changers. A blue chip QB or RB can be a serious difference maker. If Gray reaches his potential at QB he'll have a bigger impact than any walk on I can remember at this program, same for Edwards at RB.

Top Bottom