Which Comes First - Brohm Beats PJ or PJ Beats Ferentz?

I think there is a chance this is ferentz’ last year

The last two Iowa games we have been schooled, so it doesn’t look optimistic. 😟

I can't see Kirk Ferentz staying on too long past this season... maybe if we have a return to normalcy this spring with the COVID situation, he comes back for one last hurrah in 2021. But that would likely be it. After all the crap that has come out about Brian, I highly doubt the son would be chosen to succeed him. Maybe that's another reason for Kirk to hang around: help his son polish his image and set him up for a new job at another school once Dad retires. With race relations the way they are in this country, I just can't see Iowa hiring Ferentz The Younger as the "new" face of Iowa football.

They were out coached, IMO

In the first half of that 2019 game, I agree that the Gophers were out-coached. And now I see that that's what you meant by using the term 'schooled'. That makes sense.

I thought you meant 'beaten badly', and I misunderstood.

For those of you who think this is Kirk's last year ... why?

Would be an awful year to quit, given all he had to go through to get to playing this year, and how weird and "unfair" in some sense the year was (talking covid stuff, not the racial stuff).

I would think he'd rather end it on a normal year, like 2021 should be.

But that's a wild guess.

Easy. PJ beats Ferentz.

Northwestern won the West in 2018 (9-5 overall & 8-1 in the Big Ten) before a rebuild year last year (3-9 overall & 1-8 in the Big Ten). Now they are back to being very good.

I have faith that the Gophers are going to look significantly better next year. And I expect the Gophers to beat Iowa in the next couple of matchups. This was Purdue's year to beat the Gophers.

Easy. PJ beats Ferentz.

Northwestern won the West in 2018 (9-5 overall & 8-1 in the Big Ten) before a rebuild year last year (3-9 overall & 1-8 in the Big Ten). Now they are back to being very good.

I have faith that the Gophers are going to look significantly better next year. And I expect the Gophers to beat Iowa in the next couple of matchups. This was Purdue's year to beat the Gophers.
Defense will be better. Offense will lose Bateman and maybe Mo? Assuming Dunlap and Big Dan come back, along with return of Olson, Schlueter and Andries, maybe Ko Kieft comes back for a 6th year (assuming Witham won't come back for a 7th year), BSF hopefully continues to develop.

For those of you who think this is Kirk's last year ... why?

Would be an awful year to quit, given all he had to go through to get to playing this year, and how weird and "unfair" in some sense the year was (talking covid stuff, not the racial stuff).

I would think he'd rather end it on a normal year, like 2021 should be.

But that's a wild guess.
Because this year is going to end up with a good enough record to transition the program to his son.

whereas after a 6-6 year it would be more difficult

Because this year is going to end up with a good enough record to transition the program to his son.

whereas after a 6-6 year it would be more difficult

After the crap-storm that has come out over the course of the last 12 months regarding Ferentz the Younger and black players, and after the year we just had in this country regarding race relations, do you really see Iowa hiring the son? Wow.

Read the Black Heart Gold Pants fan board sometime. BF was not very popular with the fan base, to say the least — and he was unpopular even long before the allegations of racism.

They think he's unimaginative and too conservative in his play-calling.

Hmmmm... sounds vaguely familiar...

After the crap-storm that has come out over the course of the last 12 months regarding Ferentz the Younger and black players, and after the year we just had in this country regarding race relations, do you really see Iowa hiring the son? Wow.

Read the Black Heart Gold Pants fan board sometime. BF was not very popular with the fan base, to say the least — and he was unpopular even long before the allegations of racism.

They think he's unimaginative and too conservative in his play-calling.

Hmmmm... sounds vaguely familiar...
He is really well liked in the athletic department

It actually might be a good comparison.

ultra conservative coach who is really successful but the fan base wants more

They were out coached, IMO

We lost the game because of two plays. One of them was a drop by TJ and the other was a huge play by AJ Espenesa. No excuses, they beat us. But I can't think of a game where it was more of a matter of players making plays. TJ was in the perfect position to give us first and goal from the 1 and Espenesa just made a play.

I can't see Kirk Ferentz staying on too long past this season... maybe if we have a return to normalcy this spring with the COVID situation, he comes back for one last hurrah in 2021. But that would likely be it. After all the crap that has come out about Brian, I highly doubt the son would be chosen to succeed him. Maybe that's another reason for Kirk to hang around: help his son polish his image and set him up for a new job at another school once Dad retires. With race relations the way they are in this country, I just can't see Iowa hiring Ferentz The Younger as the "new" face of Iowa football.
His contract goes through January 2026.

We lost the game because of two plays. One of them was a drop by TJ and the other was a huge play by AJ Espenesa. No excuses, they beat us. But I can't think of a game where it was more of a matter of players making plays. TJ was in the perfect position to give us first and goal from the 1 and Espenesa just made a play.
There was more to it than that.

Top Bottom