Which bowl?

Reaction score
Beggars can’t be choosers.

What are the possibilities?

What do you want/don’t want (within reason)?

Sounds like it's very limited to either New Mexico Bowl, Detroit, or Las Vegas from what I have been reading this morning.....Out of those let's go with Vegas would be my choice

the website College Football News projects MN vs UCLA in the Las Vegas Bowl - but they also included this proviso:

The one curveball potentially out there is for that last bowl opening. Navy is 5-6 and plays Army on December 9th - the bowls will be all decided then. If Navy wins, it's possible one bowl holds a spot open with 5-7 Minnesota - the highest-ranked five-win team based on APR, the Academic Progress Rate - getting another game.

I don't quite understand that. If a bowl holds a spot open for Navy, then how does MN "get another game?" but that could be something to watch.

It's gonna be Detroit. If you know Minnesota's luck with bowl selections it's gonna most likely be Detroit.

Can't complain. They deserve nothing better and a higher level MAC team is about their speed at this point. Just like the last time we went to that bowl with a 5-7 record; beat Central Michigan by one score (21-14).

the website College Football News projects MN vs UCLA in the Las Vegas Bowl - but they also included this proviso:

The one curveball potentially out there is for that last bowl opening. Navy is 5-6 and plays Army on December 9th - the bowls will be all decided then. If Navy wins, it's possible one bowl holds a spot open with 5-7 Minnesota - the highest-ranked five-win team based on APR, the Academic Progress Rate - getting another game.

I don't quite understand that. If a bowl holds a spot open for Navy, then how does MN "get another game?" but that could be something to watch.

Just badly written I guess. I counted the bowl eligible teams and included Navy. That total is 82 so Minnesota wouldn't get a bowl game if Navy wins. Army also has a 5-6 record but two of their wins were against FCS schools so they would need 7 wins to be bowl eligible.

Just badly written I guess. I counted the bowl eligible teams and included Navy. That total is 82 so Minnesota wouldn't get a bowl game if Navy wins. Army also has a 5-6 record but two of their wins were against FCS schools so they would need 7 wins to be bowl eligible.
Army looks better at this point with 3-straight wins, including a nice win against Air Force. Navy hasn't beaten a team with a winning record.

So do we need New Mexico State to lose against Liberty to have a chance at a bowl game against them?

There are people if the Gophers were playing in the Polan Weed Eater bowl in Lousiville KY with 20 degree weather that would still go. Not a bad thing but not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

After this season, there may be only one (1) option:
1701022527008.png

Top Bottom