Where will Minnesota be ranked?

Did anyone listen to the postgame presser? Very odd in that PJ spent 2/3 of his comments kissing MSU ass and saying how special of a place MSU is and also special to people on his staff. In any other situation I would say someone was lobbying for job. Why wouldn't you focus on your team and their performance.
Because this is how class acts act.

Did anyone listen to the postgame presser? Very odd in that PJ spent 2/3 of his comments kissing MSU ass and saying how special of a place MSU is and also special to people on his staff. In any other situation I would say someone was lobbying for job. Why wouldn't you focus on your team and their performance.
Uh-oh!...Cue the "PJ is Leaving Thread"!

inside-out-alert.gif

He coached his first game in that stadium...its a special place for him.

It’s what an adult would do.

should be top10 but will be around 22

If Michigan State was still ranked than 15-17, but they weren't so maybe in the 20s.

Feel like there’s certainly a chance we don’t get ranked… Florida, Wake Forest, Texas, Miami all certainly drop out, but we were 33rd last week. Do we really just 8+ spots? I’d hope so/think so, but MSU wasn’t ranked so maybe not?

Gophs will be ranked in the top 20. Pollsters were impressed enough with Washington's win vs. MSU to put them at 18. This game opened some eyes. I think a lot of people were waiting to see how the Gophs looked against real competition, and they toyed with a decent team.

I honestly think we are better than Kentucky, Oklahoma state, Arkansas, Tennesse, Oregon, NC State, Baylor, Washington, and BYU. We are also better than PSU, but it’s going to be a tough game in Happy Valley. We are a Top 12 team but we will be ranked 20-23.

that's the thing about the rankings - especially the one voted on by media.

If you're ranked in the top 25 to start the season, you have to play bad to fall out of the rankings.

But, if you're not ranked to start the season, you have to play really well to move up - and some other teams have to fall out. in short, it's harder to go up than to go down.

it's an advantage for the 'helmet' schools. they're ranked to start the season, and unless they fall apart, they stay in the rankings.

If I had to guess, I would put the Gophers at about 21 or 22.

Feel like there’s certainly a chance we don’t get ranked… Florida, Wake Forest, Texas, Miami all certainly drop out, but we were 33rd last week. Do we really just 8+ spots? I’d hope so/think so, but MSU wasn’t ranked so maybe not?
Florida St will jump in and not sure who else.

Gophs were 33...

In addition to Oklahoma, Ark, Florida, Wake, Texas, and Miami mentioned as top 25 losers:

26 MSU loses

27 FSU wins big over BC

App State was getting votes and 28th....lost to James Madison

UNC was 29, lost to ND

Wazzu was 30, lost to Oregon in close
game

Cinci was 31, beat IU

Beavers were 32...lose, but good fight with 7th USC

Some will give love to 35th Syracuse for edging UVA

Some will like 34th KU for beating Duke

36th LSU will get more votes

Coastal Carolina?

Wake may get credit for Clemson OT loss?
Florida gets slack for TN road loss?

Moving up 8 to get to 25 could be tough

Last edited:

lol. Gophers are going to be one of the top teams in both offensive and defensive numbers. Voters were holding us down because of competition up until now. No longer.

I say something with a “1” in front.

No way we’re in the 20s

Everywhere I’ve read in the media in the last 5 hours were high on Gophers mentioning “BCS & Gophers” in the same sentence….

We’ll be in the teens if not in top 10 👍

Top Bottom