Where the MN Kids Signed: From Strib

The Pioneer Conference is like playing strong Div III teams. When is NDSU moving to FBS?

only need 15k for G5. 19,000 works.
I guess it's a good thing they averaged 15,101 for all 9 of their home games this year. That's including another run to the National Championship game!

Last edited:

I don't see any "better" programs on that list than UMN. When was the last time we could say this?

I don't see any "better" programs on that list than UMN. When was the last time we could say this?
Michigan State maybe, but other than that, no, that's a good point.
The only other one would be Stanford, which isn't a better program right now, but it's P5 and anyone who would turn down a free degree from Stanford is a fool.

NDSU (9) and UND (4) really make a home in MN. Only saw one kid to SDSU or USD. St. Thomas reports 11 Minnesotan's. Duluth looks like the most for the Northern Sun.
SDSU had 15+ Minnesota kids on its roster this fall but really whiffed this go round. SDSU does draw heavier from Iowa.

It pains me to say this, but Fargo is not a horrible town.

I still hate Bison fans.
Meh. I much prefer small cities to metros, but having lived there and having to frequently visit - no thanks. Flattest part of the midwest, wierd zoning, awful architecture. I could go on...

NDSU does know how to develop players.
12 NDSU players in NFL Rosters right now.
Are/were there a bunch on IR/Covid/PS? At the beginning of the season Delaware had the most FCS representatives on active NFL rosters.

Nobody will invite them because they're geographically isolated.
And although they might be competitive and a curiosity (for a time), they bring few televisions to network deals.

only need 15k for G5. 19,000 works.
I don't really get NDSU or their fans. They are constantly whining about not being invited to these big events (games against the U, now bowl games, etc.). We have to hear about how good you'd do at various FBS conferences.

Then go FBS.

I don't really get NDSU or their fans. They are constantly whining about not being invited to these big events (games against the U, now bowl games, etc.). We have to hear about how good you'd do at various FBS conferences.

Then go FBS.
If you ever think folks around here need perspective and a reality check, head over to the bisonville forums. Those folks live in a whole other dimension.

When I went to college across the river, the Bison were still D2, but acted like they were the University of Miami or something (and their players behaved like it around town too.)

They'd be a pretty good fit in the MWC to be honest, but that's a lot of travel expenses for the non-football sports. UND really struggled financially in the Big Sky for that reason before moving to the Summit and MVFC.

In any case, someone has to invite them, and with all the upheaval this season, they still didn't get a date to the prom, so it may be a very long time.

I
If you ever think folks around here need perspective and a reality check, head over to the bisonville forums. Those folks live in a whole other dimension.
I love reading Bisonville. It's a constant stream of goobers arguing about going FBS, complaining about the Fargodome (that's actually reasonable - it's terrible), bitching because all the other good teams in FCS are moving up, talking about Carson Wentz and Trey Lance as the next coming of the messiah, blah blah blah...

And the most prolific poster is the infamous Lakesbison, now known there as El Chapo. He probably has the distinction of being banned from the most college football message boards in history (including this one.)

I

I love reading Bisonville. It's a constant stream of goobers arguing about going FBS, complaining about the Fargodome (that's actually reasonable - it's terrible), bitching because all the other good teams in FCS are moving up, talking about Carson Wentz and Trey Lance as the next coming of the messiah, blah blah blah...

And the most prolific poster is the infamous Lakesbison, now known there as El Chapo. He probably has the distinction of being banned from the most college football message boards in history (including this one.)
Lakesbison, pure turd, crap human who gives all Bison fans a bad name. He still heavily trolls Gophers in the Stat Trribune comments section.

Then go FBS.

no one will invite NDSU because they'd be top dog in a G5 conf on day 1.

Lakesbison, pure turd, crap human who gives all Bison fans a bad name. He still heavily trolls Gophers in the Stat Trribune comments section.

he's owned you guys since his firedennyguy shtick on kfan

all that aside NDSU needs to be in fbs but

NDSU would dominate G5 on day 1. that's why no 1 will invite them
More to do with geography. Most conferences want to make their conference stronger by bringing in strong teams. Fear doesn't hold much water.

Ndsu doesn't bring media or a recruiting market.

They're in an odd position

Then go FBS.
I saw one that insisted ndsu only go FBS conference that would allow them to compete for a championship.

Delusional level : 100

"he's owned you guys since his firedennyguy shtick on kfan"

Eventually, you'll realize that saying things like "he owned you" is extremely cringe. I'm sure that trend will hit Fargo in the next 10-15 years.

As far as them going FBS, no one is stopping them. You don't get to be born on third base. Go FBS, do well, and someone will invite you. If you actually followed major college football, you'd realize that conferences are not avoiding bringing in good teams. They want to. They are desperate for it. No one is keeping teams out of conferences out of fear.

More to do with geography. Most conferences want to make their conference stronger by bringing in strong teams. Fear doesn't hold much water.

It's 100% geography. It's the same reason NMSU was kept out of a conference for so long.

It's not because NDSU is good and people are afraid of them. JMU and SHSU got invites to move up because they ARE good teams.

The most delusional Bison fans think they should be in the B1G. Those are the real chuckleheads.

Why do I have a feeling Bisonation might be someone else...

Nobody from warmer climates wants to go to Fargo and icicles growing on their eyelashes and beards in late October to early November.

Why are we even talking about NDSU? Talk about Mehki Collins or something in this thread, not about ndsu becoming fbs.

Why are we even talking about NDSU? Talk about Mehki Collins or something in this thread, not about ndsu becoming fbs.
Because the original topic is where MN kids are going to play college ball, and many are and have gone to NDSU.

Top Bottom