When The Final Score Is Posted

husker70

Reaction score
High above TCF Bank Stadium it will read

Gophers 28 Vistors 23

Who would have thunk it. The Gophers start out flat, again. Weber is winging it over the head of McKnight, at the feet of Gray, and lucklily into the ground. Iowa marches right in for an early 7-0 lead. Troy Stoudemier takes it to the house to tie the game as the first quarter ends.

Iowa is gouging the defense, but only gets a long field goal with their second drive. The Gophers continue to sputter. Gray takes the reins late in the second quarter and takes the team on a 13 play 65 yard drive. Ending with a naked bootleg. He fakes out the not only the Iowa defense, but his teammates as well but its a Gopher Touchdown and they lead at half 14-10.

Comming out for the final half of the season. Iowa's Stanzy is uncanny, nearly throwing two interceptions on the opening drive of the quarter. The score and take a 17-14 lead. Weber is back at the helm and directs a drive complete with strikes to McKnight, Gray, and a TD pass to Bennett.

The Iowa Hawkeyes move the ball, but the defense stiffens they get a field goal and going into the final quarter it reads 21-20. Weber has the team on the move but cannot convert a third down. Iowa drives and faces a 4th and 2 at the Minnesota 27 with 4 minutes left in the game. Coach Ferenz decides to kick the field goal and they take the lead 23-21. The kick off is squibbed but Stoudmier returns it to the Minnesota 45. Weber hits Gray and he is inside the Iowa 25 with a minute and a half left. Bennett on a draw gains 8. The clock continues to run. Weber scrambles inside the ten and a first down. The clock is stopped and the Gophers take their final time out. A Field goal will win it. Ball control is key, Ball position for the the kick is the design of the play. Gopher in the I. The give to Hoese on the inside zone he is hit at the 7 but does not go down he rumbles toward the goal line and powers in. If he did anything wrong he scored to early. There are still 30 seconds on the clock. With the score 28-23, Iowa plays for the squibb. But Minnesota kicks it deep and contains the runback at the 25. There are 24 seconds. And 75 yards to go. Knowing Minnesota wants to keep the runner in bounds. Iowa hits a pass in the middle of the field and the Iowa 40. A incomplete pass, a bubble screen that goes nowwhere. Iowa attemps a Hail Mary on third down. It is knocked down along the sidelines. Facing 4 down and ten there are only 6 seconds left. The ball again is hoisted and again batted to the ground. The rush is on, and Weber is the first one to Floyd, trying to lift him he realizes how heavy Floyd is. He gets in the air with two hands, but gives way to Burris and Carufel.:pig:

Gophers 14 Hawkeyes 34

Hope I'm wrong.

Hawkeyes will score 35, Gophers will score 24, 2 Hawkeye fans will score!!!

Gophers 24-Hogeyes 23
The Gophers have yet to play their best game.

Gophers Win!!!

Gophers 31 Jerkeyes 21

I hate IOWA, which according to Webster is an acronym for Idiots Out Wandering Around!!!!

Send them over the border with their curly tails between their legs!!!!:pig:

Voting with my heart. Gopher 30 Hawks 28. Hawks realistically have nothing to play for...

Gophers 31 Hawkeyes 27 . Stanzi leads the Iwegians on a furious comeback as time runs out. Ferentz uses his final timeout on the bus ride home to get a potty break at the Hardees in Ankeny.

Voting with my heart. Gopher 30 Hawks 28. Hawks realistically have nothing to play for...

Let's see....Outback Bowl against an SEC school if Iowa defeats Minnesota...and another year of bragging rights over Minnesota. That is plenty to play for.

Iowa 27 Minnesota 17

Iowa holds on with a late field goal from Mike Meyer and Weber finishes is career as a starter without a trophy win.

What the hell, I'll vote with my heart too. 31-28 Gophers win on a fade to Gray in the closing moments.

Top Bottom