When The Final Score Is Posted

husker70

Reaction score
In the night time sky, high above TCF Bank Stadium

It will read:

Gophers 24 Visitors 21

Its a win, we are 2-2 but barely. The team struggles again on offense. Weber is not the answer, rather the problem. His two picks, a strip, and a fumble are nearly too much to overcome. The rushing game improves to 2.8 per rush, with one rush of 15 yards. This is more disappointing than the loss to USC, because it goes to provide further proof that the enemy is us.

The defense is frustrated and becomes a little unhinged. Penalties continue to help the Huskies.
The Huskies having reviewed both the USC and USD film, feature counters to the corner, pitch sweeps to the corner, naked bootlegs. All to the perimeter of the defense.

A last minute drive and a 20 yard field goal is the difference. Ellerson comes through, but the crowd is not thrilled.

Gophers 30 Huskies 28

They get to us with the TE over the middle numerous times.

Gophers finally resemble a Big Ten team, albeit a mediocre one, and win 38-21. Running game takes over, and Weber runs play action effectively. Defense stays relatively fresh and mistakes aren't as harmful when playing NIU as they are against USC.

Ooops. Ellestad, but will anyone notice?

Due to a rash of transfers we need to enlist the help of Bronko Nagurski's family members that are on hand for his ceremony. This helps however as we establish All American type play on both the offense and Defense. After running into the brick wall in the endzone Bronko's granddaughter reportedly mutters "that last guy hit me hard"

Gophs win 72-0

Gophers 34-31

NIU QB will have his way with our two young DB's and whimpy DE play. Weber and the boys better be ready as well as the ST's.

Northern Illinois 24
Gophers 21

Nathan Palmer goes for 120 and 2TDs on 7 catches
Harnish has 82 yards on 12 carries on the ground and a score

Kirkland gobbles up 85 yards on the ground and a TD on 17 carries
Bennett goes for 60 and a TD on 14 carries

197519.JPG

This game is making me wonder where the time has gone. My high school coach's son, who was also our ballboy, is the starting left tackle for NIU.

Sad to say...

NIU will move the ball too much and score touchdowns. 49-33 Huskies.

The Gophers are due...

In the night time sky, high above TCF Bank Stadium

It will read:

Gophers 24 Visitors 21

Its a win, we are 2-2 but barely. The team struggles again on offense. Weber is not the answer, rather the problem. His two picks, a strip, and a fumble are nearly too much to overcome. The rushing game improves to 2.8 per rush, with one rush of 15 yards. This is more disappointing than the loss to USC, because it goes to provide further proof that the enemy is us.

The defense is frustrated and becomes a little unhinged. Penalties continue to help the Huskies.
The Huskies having reviewed both the USC and USD film, feature counters to the corner, pitch sweeps to the corner, naked bootlegs. All to the perimeter of the defense.

A last minute drive and a 20 yard field goal is the difference. Ellerson comes through, but the crowd is not thrilled.

Gophers haven't had a big game since Mich. State last year. They are due to blow somebody out - this may be the night. But if they lose...run for cover.

Minnesota - 31

No. Illinois - 27

Go Gophers!!

NIU 31
MN 13

But Brew will still be proud of the effort of his guys and talk about how several of Weber's interceptions weren't his fault.

Am I the only one optimistic about this game? Has anyone watched NIU this year?

Minnesota 34, NIU 24...

They passed all over Illinois -- and we can't stop the pass, ... and we have Weber. I think my score is accurate.

NIU 31
MN 13

But Brew will still be proud of the effort of his guys and talk about how several of Weber's interceptions weren't his fault.

I was closer Magpie, and I'm not happy about it either...

Considering the garbage TD at the end, I'd agree.

I forgot about the garbage td. I left after the 3rd quarter, 20-16 NIU with them on the 5 yard line. My buddy called me half way home annd said it was 34-16...and I only looked that final score once. So you were closer...

Top Bottom