When is Ben Johnson announcing his coaching staff?

I thought at the time Matthew Hurt going to Duke would be best for his future. But had he gone to Minnesota and played well with Oturu and Carr, he probably would have been a one and done
Totally agree with you!

I don't know do you want to gamble being a lottery pick with a first time head coach. A system and players being uncertain. OR do you want to go to a system that is proven so it might not risk your lottery pick status. We know what the smart/safe pick is. But if you go with the dumb/uncertain pick you could reach legend status and never be forgotten in the state of MN.
Gamble being a lottery pick? The guy is the #1 recruit in nation. Hes 7 feet tall, can hit 3 pointers, and is a rim protector. He can have an average freshman year wherever and still be a lottery pick. Probably be the #1 pick too. Who's gonna pass on him in draft?

He would have had less pressure on him and been more confident, played like himself more.
“Local hero stays home to give gopher hole final four run. Faces less pressure to deliver than if he joined team with hall of fame coach and other five star recruits.”

ha, would have been different for sure tho. Kid looked completely out of place at Duke for the first 20 games and got benched late season (I want to say for a walk on but I’m not sure). He’s been effective this season, but he was a weak spot on a competitive Duke team in 2020, good on a bad Duke team in 2021.

I thought at the time Matthew Hurt going to Duke would be best for his future. But had he gone to Minnesota and played well with Oturu and Carr, he probably would have been a one and done
Matthew who?

Chet is a known commodity in the NBA regardless of where he goes. There will be less pressure on him playing at home.

Gamble being a lottery pick? The guy is the #1 recruit in nation. Hes 7 feet tall, can hit 3 pointers, and is a rim protector. He can have an average freshman year wherever and still be a lottery pick. Probably be the #1 pick too. Who's gonna pass on him in draft?
Ok maybe saying lottery pick is wrong as a gamble. But it could drop someone a few picks in the lottery, which could be a couple million dollars less. I am not saying this will happen but it has happened before. So yes it is still a little gamble.

Top Bottom