When Al got hurt

The-Real-Truth

Reaction score
I completely understand why everybody is so frustrated now. I didn't even watch the game yesterday because I knew the results. However, just to be fair, we lost two players when Al went down. These days, the hottest teams like OSU, PSU or Michigan have good gaurds. Our team has good bigs but no gaurds. The only SG that we have is unable to creat his own shot. We'll be better next year for sure. The team will be loaded with Gs.

Go Gophers

Loaded with guards?

I don't consider a team that doesn't have single even slightly proven point guard to be loaded at guard.

Loaded with guards?

I don't consider a team that doesn't have single even slightly proven point guard to be loaded at guard.

Agree, not many PG but there could be 6 guards on roster - Coleman, ANDRE Hollins, AUSTIN Hollins, Armelin, Ahanmisi, and Welch.

Loaded with guards?

anonymous, I have no time to argue with you or any of the negative posters out there. Only time will tell. I believe in Tubby's system. I am sure this team will do very well next year and years to come.

I am not sure who would have done any better with 8 players on the bench. This team played very well for 35 minutes every game and failed to close with a win.

I am not saying that Tubby did not make any mistakes. He did but it is not the end of the world.

On the other hand, your team at Uk that is loaded with 4-5 star players didn't do too well this year either. Please go back to your own board and bash Tubby from there. These days, this board has plenty of its own.

Go Gophers and Go Tubby

anonymous, I have no time to argue with you or any of the negative posters out there. Only time will tell. I believe in Tubby's system. I am sure this team will do very well next year and years to come.

I am not sure who would have done any better with 8 players on the bench. This team played very well for 35 minutes every game and failed to close with a win.

I am not saying that Tubby did not make any mistakes. He did but it is not the end of the world.

On the other hand, your team at Uk that is loaded with 4-5 star players didn't do too well this year either. Please go back to your own board and bash Tubby from there. These days, this board has plenty of its own.

Go Gophers and Go Tubby

Technically UK only has (7) such 4**** and 5***** players this year.

Loaded roster would have 10+ of them, like last year.

The Real Truth,

You think I'm a Kentucky fan? Good one.

U of Minnesota grad. Minnesota native. Twin Cities resident. Seen hundreds of games in person at Williams Arena.

I'm not anti-Tubby, but I thought the program would be further along than it is.

As I said on another thread, I wonder what happened to Tubby after losing in overtime in the 2005 Elite Eight to Michigan State. How did a guy that was winning conference titles like crazy before that turn into a guy who is 50-54 in regular-season league play over the past six years.

My biggest gripe with Tubby has been with his inability to stabilize things at PG. Devoe was a combo, Andre Hollins has largely been a 2 and is trying to make the transition to PG. I just think that with the importance of point guard play in the college game that Tubby would have fixed that.

The Real Truth,

U of Minnesota grad. Minnesota native. Twin Cities resident. Seen hundreds of games in person at Williams Arena.

I'm not anti-Tubby, but I thought the program would be further along than it is.

As I said on another thread, I wonder what happened to Tubby after losing in overtime in the 2005 Elite Eight to Michigan State. How did a guy that was winning conference titles like crazy before that turn into a guy who is 50-54 in regular-season league play over the past six years.

My biggest gripe with Tubby has been with his inability to stabilize things at PG. Devoe was a combo, Andre Hollins has largely been a 2 and is trying to make the transition to PG. I just think that with the importance of point guard play in the college game that Tubby would have fixed that.

Al was a senior PG and 4 year player...his backup, took us to the BTT finals last year and we had an incoming Fr that has shown he can handle some minutes...we lost our 3rd back up Cobbs to transfer. Not too many teams have a stud back up PG. Devoe was recruited to play PG as he is too short and too slow to gaurd the 2 spot...we went hard after his brother and missed. Now we know why.

The Real Truth,

Two words: Nolan Smith, "combo guard" playing PG for a team that did okay in the NCAA tourney (I think they got kind of far?)

Top Bottom