Whatabummer

ncgo4

Reaction score
This game was a bummer in almost every way, except one. Our kicking game sucked for the first time all year. Two terrible kicks off and a really bad punt.

The offense flat stunk up the joint in the first half. Actually, Weber did. He's often seems at the start of some games to be incapable of hitting an open receiver. Even worse, though, he is consistently incapable of understanding the need to throw the ball away. This costs us just way too many yards. Then on the pick 6 he clearly threw the ball to the inside when it needed to be on the outside, an inexcusable mistake for a fourth year junior.

The good news? The O Line and the game plan. The O line today gave Weber great time with, I believe, one penalty for the entire game. Kudos to this group. They have gone from a major liability to an actual strength. I also thought Frisch called a very good game. It was there in the first half if Weber had been even remotely effective.

The defense was awful. The tackling was terrible. How many times did their running backs get hit at the line of scrimmage and gain seven or eight yards? A lot. Once Juice went out it became a passing game with their new QB (who apparently doesn't run well) and we had no idea. Throughout the remainder of the first half they were able to pick us apart. If the OC had a good game plan Cosgrove seemed absent.

The second half was encouraging offensively, but when it mattered the D couldn't come up with the needed stop.

Really disappointing. The good news, maybe we will do something with Iowa. Yeah, right! Also, we are right were most of us thought we would be three months ago and that about even with last year against a much tougher schedule. If Brewster can keep his coaching staff for one full cycle we will be significantly better next year. Lots of talent coming in and lots of talent being red shirted.

Agreed. major bummer. It seems like every time we have the oppotunity to get a great win or finish strong at the end of the season we come up short. I really like that we use more of a vertical passing game now, seemed to be just a little bit off on the reciever qb communication today otherwise some really big plays were out there.

- as I said in an independent thread those two kickoffs out of bounds absolutely killed us.

We still have the opportunity to finish strong but this is a game you'd really like to have back.

Horrible call at the goal line. Why oh why Pass it?.. And the defense played well in the 2nd half. They only gave up 7 points, its just our D'and O both didnt do their jobs in the 1st half.

Top Bottom