What Would U Be Happy/Disappointed With This Saturday?

thailleagle

Reaction score
What would *YOU* as a Gopher fan be satisfied/upset to see this Saturday in our game against Cal?

I would de upset if this game ended up being a route similar to Iowa. If we lose something along the lines of 42-0 then I think it shows we have not advanced at all since last season. I will be happy if we can keep down the penalties on Offense and move the ball a little more effectively and not shoot ourselves in the foot. I'm hoping for a win, we can pull it off but would be satisfied with a loss only if we don't look lost out there on the field like we did against Michigan & Iowa.......

a win would be awsome ....... but if we lose a "good" lose would be a close game not a blow out

I'm just looking for confirmation that we can be on the same field as a top ten team and look like we belong. I also want to get a good indication on our strengths and weaknesses.

I would be extremely disappointed by a beatdown (like losing by 21+ points).

I would be unhappy with a loss in which we just play horribly.

I would be okay with a loss in which we can all say, "well, they played their best and it just wasn't enough."

I would be happy with a competitive game where the outcome is in doubt well into the 4th quarter.

I would be ecstatic with a win. Any win. An ugly win, or a win where the refs hand it to us or a win that is due to every Cal player having a bad case of the Reusse's.

If we win I will name my dog Goldy (oh, wait, I already did that). If we win I will by a car solely because it is Gopher Maroon (oh, wait, I already did that). If we win I will just be as damn giddy as a school-girl for weeks to follow.

If we win...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Simple answer to two-point question

A win over California and I'll be extremely happy!

A loss to Calfiornia and I'll be extremely disappointed!

There's no such thing as a moral victory. A loss is a loss and a win is a win!

To be sure I want a well played game with marked improvements, but anything short of a victory is a disappointment.

Go Gophers!!

I would be happy to see the gophers D slow down cal significantly and keep it a close game. (like held to less than 24pts) I also would be happy to see the offense able to score oh say more than 14pts against a very tough cal D. Progress would be nice. If they can have a good showing against a team of this caliper the big ten starts to not look so scary. A win would be amazing but they would have to play one hell of a game to beat this team and from what I've seen in the past two weeks I don't see it happening. I would be disappointed in a lopsided blowout because this team is better than that.

I expect a W, but I'll take a moral victory. I want to see the defense prove it can stall an elite offense when we're getting tired. I want to see our offense come out, create scoring drives, an have no turnovers. I want to see discipline resulting in less than 30 yds of penalties. Little things like this, even in a loss, will give us a lot of hope going into the conference season, which is where it all really matters. I love our defense. I don't expect Cal to score more than 28, and they could quite possibly be the best offense we will see the entire season (Except when we play USC in the Rose Bowl ;))

Nothing but a WIN will make me happy. I am past this moral victory crap. JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!

I'm happy when the Gophers win, and I'm disappointed when the Gophers lose.

However, if it's a good game the disappointment usually goes away quicker. For example, if we were to lose a very tightly played game with Cal late I'll probably be over the disappointment by the time I got to Sally's.

What's with some of you. I'll be unhappy if we don't win, peroid.

Top Bottom