What will you miss about Richard Pitino?

Nothing. Seemed like a great guy but his coaching skills were lacking at the BIG level. He should either be in the BIG booth announcing games as a color guy like Belein or coaching a Small D1 Program like he did before at Florida INTL.

He really is a nice guy, very personable. Good storyteller. Just not a good coach. Met him twice, once at a small function, and he was fun to talk and have a beer with. I've said this before, he will make a fantastic broadcaster. Good enough insight, great voice.

I'll miss having his dad at our NCAA games.

oh wait......I already miss that!

His ability to run the few B1G quality players into the ground by overplaying them through the season.
Something tells me were stuck with these...more coaches than pitino struggled with these...cursed, were f'in cursed

He really is a nice guy, very personable. Good storyteller. Just not a good coach. Met him twice, once at a small function, and he was fun to talk and have a beer with. I've said this before, he will make a fantastic broadcaster. Good enough insight, great voice.
Let's get one thing straight: he's not a BAD coach. Nobody treads water in the Big Ten for eight years if you don't have something going on.

Let's get one thing straight: he's not a BAD coach. Nobody treads water in the Big Ten for eight years if you don't have something going on.
Interesting. His record is not treading water too me, that is drowning. Few schools would wait that long.

Think through the Twitter posts and such, he was good with his kids. Always appreciated that.

I’ll miss:
1) Throwing a baseline inbounds pass 40 feet into the backcourt because you don’t know an inbounds play
2) His complaints to the refs
3) Not having an offense except a high pick and roll
4) Watching players regress
5) No chance at in state recruits

Likable guy, but not a fan of riding daddy’s coat tail

Great interview and a great sense of humor. He needs to be in front of the camera, not on the bench.

I’ll miss the instant timeouts after we hit 3 late in the game.

Top Bottom