What will happen

tjgesquire

Team Ginger
Reaction score
when there are a large amount of $500 and $250 premium seats not chosen? Are those people who are waiting in line going to be required to pony-up the exta amount when all others are gone? Or will the price be lowered to say $100 with an email sent out to people who've already chosed to see if they'd be interested at those lower prices. I can't see them letting them go for no additional fee, but they have to feel as though they've made a mistake in pricing them at this point considering none of them are selling. Thoughts?

Considering none of them are selling? Are you looking at the same map I am?

If it happens that people dont want to pay so much for the remaining seats, I imagine local corporations would get the first crack at paying full price for them before they lower the ticket price.

If corporations are given permission to snag those seats (which would be on a one year basis only), i seriously doubt there will be any seats left.

Considering none of them are selling? Are you looking at the same map I am?

Exactly. Where are these people getting their information from? You know you can look at the seats selected, right?

It's not like there are a ton of donation seats left. More have been selected at this point than I ever would have guessed. Most of the donation secions are almost totally sold out. And the process is not even half over.

I think there is a very good chance the donation seats sell-out before the U moves to its waiting list. And there are a lot of people on the waiting list ready to pay top-dollar for good seats.

There will not be large quantities of these tickets left, if any. With 1/3 of the people picking, 2/3 of the donation seats are gone.

While I'm becoming very optimistic that the public will pluck all the donation seats and they won't need to be sold to corporations (one of the ways you end up with Wisconsin/Iowa fans in prime seats during rivalry games), the one thing I know WILL NOT happen no matter what is a price reduction. The U would eat the cost and use them internal purpose before they'd lower the price. They're not going to do something like that to people who are sitting in the next row over and pay full price. It compromises the whole donation process.

Picked seats today

Exactly. Where are these people getting their information from? You know you can look at the seats selected, right?

It's not like there are a ton of donation seats left. More have been selected at this point than I ever would have guessed. Most of the donation secions are almost totally sold out. And the process is not even half over.

I think there is a very good chance the donation seats sell-out before the U moves to its waiting list. And there are a lot of people on the waiting list ready to pay top-dollar for good seats.

Picked our seats today and the VISITOR side upper deck premium areas are wide open.

I Agree. Can you imagine the number of pissed off people the U would have yelling at them if they lowered the price of the donation seats? I would be livid if I paid an extra $500 a seat and the guy sitting near me picked last AND paid less. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Also, as an earlier poster said, they are only about 1/3 to 1/2 through the process and 2/3 of the donation seats are gone. If anything, people picking later will be more likely to go for the donation seats than the people picking early. Their choice will be non-donation seats located in the deep corners or donation seats located between the 30s. I honestly don't think their will be many donation seats left by the time they get to the waiting list (a few maybe but not many)

Picked our seats today and the VISITOR side upper deck premium areas are wide open.

Sections 209-212 have not been very popular so far. But I expect that they will start to fill-up quickly. Those will be the next round of seats to get selected. For some reason people seem to have prefered the "HOME" side. Strange, becuase a maxium of three oponents ever bring visiting fans anyway. And only the fans from Madison smell bad enough to make sitting near to them intollerable.:D

As Gold Vision mentioned, 2/3 of donation seats were gone after 1/3 had selected. And it stands to reason that the pace isn't going to slow down much, as the donation seats become a better value for people who are selecting later in the process. You can still get a chair back with no donation. But that option is going to be off the table in about a week. By June it will be either an endzone bleacher near the students or a donaion seat.

Sections 209-212 have not been very popular so far. But I expect that they will start to fill-up quickly. Those will be the next round of seats to get selected. For some reason people seem to have prefered the "HOME" side. Strange, becuase a maxium of three oponents ever bring visiting fans anyway. And only the fans from Madison smell bad enough to make sitting near to them intollerable.:D

As Gold Vision mentioned, 2/3 of donation seats were gone after 1/3 had selected. And it stands to reason that the pace isn't going to slow down much, as the donation seats become a better value for people who are selecting later in the process. You can still get a chair back with no donation. But that option is going to be off the table in about a week. By June it will be either an endzone bleacher near the students or a donaion seat.

I did a quick review of the sections on the visitors side and here's what I found (all % are my estimations):
109: 99% gone
110: 75% gone
111: 75% gone
112: 99% gone
209: 50%-60% gone
210: 15% gone
211: 10% gone
212: 50%-60% gone

210 prob has about 700 seats left. 211 has about 750 seats left (again, this is all estimation, I didn't have time to count). 209/212 prob have 400 to 330 seats left. 110/111 prob have around 200 seats left each.

All in all, I'd estimate there are 2,500 to 2,700 seats left on the visitors side that require donations. Given the number of people left to pick, that's not very much. Assuming there are enough people on the wait list to get us to close to sellout levels I wouldn't expect there to be very many (read, less than 300-500) of these seats left, TOPS at the end of the process.

I would think that the remaining higher cost seats are an indication that the point system is working. Not all of the big spenders got to the front of the line, and loyal fans of lesser means are getting earlier choices. That seems like a good thing to me.

In the worst case scenario, if the higher cost seats don't sell out, I don't think there will be any price cuts. Those seats will simply be offered as single game tickets at some point. And in a scenario that would be worse than the worst, if those single game ticket prices had to be cut to fill the seats (see the new Yankee stadium), the season ticket holders would still be keeping their priority and the single game ticket buyers would have none.

when there are a large amount of $500 and $250 premium seats not chosen? Are those people who are waiting in line going to be required to pony-up the exta amount when all others are gone? Or will the price be lowered to say $100 with an email sent out to people who've already chosed to see if they'd be interested at those lower prices. I can't see them letting them go for no additional fee, but they have to feel as though they've made a mistake in pricing them at this point considering none of them are selling. Thoughts?

As of today all consecutive seats in the preferred seating are sold. Thank goodness this off-base hypothetical no longer exists.

Top Bottom