What was your favorite Andre McDonald moment?

dude, you're just a joke in all of the meaning of the word. If you could just flat stop commenting on this board and disappear all together... many people would appreciate a jack-wagon like yourself with all your criticism, objections and mouthy attitude to just vanish.. so long!

No offense, but if one of you two (you or sonnygarcia) had to leave, and it was voted on by GHers, you would be gone. While I don't have a lot of posts, I have been following the board for years and sonny is one of the better overall contributors and has been for awhile IMO. You have 74 posts and a good chunck of them have been part of a pissing contest.

I'll be honest, if I committed to a school early I would still take every official visit I could. Free trips to go to college campuses and party? Sign me up.

Do you see the contradiction in what you just said?

I agree, I'd want to take all of my official visits for free trips, but you do it BEFORE you commit to a school. There's no law that you have to commit early, so take your time, make your visits, then commit.

Ski U - if you knew you wanted to take all your visits (and I would too - what a great opportunity), then why commit early?

Would you tell the coach that you are committing, but want to take all your visits? Do you think he would still consider that a commitment?

Everyone views things differently, but if you know you want to visit other schools, then wait to commit.

EDIT: Sorry - I see FreakyDeke beat me to it.

You should never tell someone you'll go to the prom with them and then back out because you THINK something better might come along. It's just wrong. I won't blame Kill one bit if he pulls the offer and in fact I hope he does in respect to the current players and those who really are commits.

Coach Kill will have to do it the way Coach Kill wants to do it...

and then he will need to let the chips fall where they may. He will pi$$ some people off if he doesn't pull the offer...he will pi$$ some people off if he does pull the offer. He is in a no win situation just as any coach dealing with any highly recruited four star (by some accounts) fantasy high school recruit is in a no win situation by committing too early. Most likely he won't sign the highly recruited local kid. But, on the other hand, he MIGHT sign the highly recruited local kid. The fans are going to be pi$$ed if he doesn't get him. Does the coach save face and pull his offer...OR...hang in there and work with the very young kid who is having his butt kissed by big time college coaches all over the country??????????????????? What the heck? We have seen coaches here in that situation through out all the WILDERNESS YEARS. Mostly, the "big time" local fantasy high school recruit goes some where else any way. Get used to it popele. Why the heck get so emotionally involved in this sappy kind of "kid-stuff" drama????????????????

Fantasy high school recruiting freaks love to hate this kind of drama and they also seem to hate to love what goes on with this crap. Recruiting should be done in the privacy of the recruits home and in the privacy of the recruiter's office.

Wake me when this long, drawn out totally meaningless fantasy high school recruiting fiasco comes to some kind of end. IF he comes to the U, we don't know how well he will navigate all the potential pitfalls that still could befall his ability to play and be productive.

IF he goes elsewhere, what the heck difference did any of it make any way?

All this fantasy high school recruiting drama complete with fans weighing in on wanting the coach to tell the kid that he didn't dance with the one who brought him to the prom so he can NEVER come to the University of Minnesota is just SO incredibly laughable...but...also totally disgusting.

Why do you keep using the word "fantasy", Wayne? Is there a fantasy recruiting league somewhere that I don't know about?

a lot of kids commit early because many times the coach will offer multiple players and say whoever commits first will get the schollies if he thinks there are multiple players that are even at a position.

Why do you keep using the word "fantasy", Wayne? Is there a fantasy recruiting league somewhere that I don't know about?

Because he lives in a fantsy world where he is a legend in his own mind.

Because he lives in a fantsy world where he is a legend in his own mind.

I am starting to wonder if wren is clearly part of your fantasies the way you follow him around non stop and respond to every single one of his posts. It is quite impressive.

I am starting to wonder if wren is clearly part of your fantasies the way you follow him around non stop and respond to every single one of his posts. It is quite impressive.

He didn't respond to Wren's post. I find it much more amusing that a husker hack spends as much time as you on this board.

+1

Too many posts criticizing others opinions instead of contributing their own. It often ends up being a contest of poor sportsmanship with a large dose of dumb-asserting in the process.

He didn't respond to Wren's post. I find it much more amusing that a husker hack spends as much time as you on this board.

Your correct, besides responding to every wren post he also responds to nearly every post about wren. That is definitely better and clearly shows that he is not obsessed with him. Husker hack, that is just amateur hour material, you can do better than that.

I think I'm going to go to CycloneFanatic.com and register the name CycloneGod. I will then proceed (under the guise of being an Iowa St. alum) to rip on anything and everything relating to Cyclone football, and reminding them how much better it would be if they were all Gopher fans. I will then maintain a presence on the board and create hundreds of posts over the course of several years, never once straying from my schtick.

Good gravy, even thinking about actually doing a thing such as that is depressing. If my life ever got to the depths required to actually undertake such an exercise, it'd probably be time to wrap my lips around the business end of a .45 ACP and pull the trigger.

Do you see the contradiction in what you just said?

I agree, I'd want to take all of my official visits for free trips, but you do it BEFORE you commit to a school. There's no law that you have to commit early, so take your time, make your visits, then commit.

There's no law that says you can't commit and take visits either. It's all meaningless until signing day anyway. Verbal commit = next to nothing.

Law? no, no law, just...

There's no law that says you can't commit and take visits either. It's all meaningless until signing day anyway. Verbal commit = next to nothing.

Ethics, self respect, being a stand up guy...etc.
A verbal now means nothing because we refuse to expect anything from people anymore.

Top Bottom