What was the most important play or plays of the game?

Offense : Dylan Wright's fantastic catch on 3 and 10
Defense: Justin Walley's wrestling the ball away for a fantastic pick.

There were two very key fortuitous moments in the game:
  • The missed FG by Wisconsin that doinked off the crossbar. 6 more inches and that skids over
  • The fumble that should have been, but wasn't by Annexstad. That play to me was a positive signal that this was going to be a win.

I think the moment that clinched it (even though it didn't because they still converted) was the Badger's 4th and 1 confusion. Deciding to punt, then getting a false start, and then finally calling a timeout showed the beginning of the fall for the Badger's.

The long catch and run to Irving right after the pick 6. Regained the momentum.
Boom. If we go 3 and out or don't score there, I'm not confident at all.

That play was friggin huge.

I've only been a dedicated Minnesota football fan since the 2013 season but I believe that BSF is the only Gopher tight end I've seen leap over a defender while running after a catch.
Maxx Williams did it a couple of times. Once vs Iowa, and once in the bowl game vs. Missouri.

I think Max may have hurdled a defender more than once. If memory serves me there was a 50 yard catch in which he hurdled the safety at the 30 yard line on the Gophers side of the field for a TD.

And that's "Maxx" for the correct spelling...

I go with Wally's interception too...although Coach challenging the slide play was just fun.

Overcoming the bad calls by the officials.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's "Maxx" for the correct spelling...

I go with Wally's interception too...although Coach challenging the slide play was just fun.
Wonder if the zebras go over these mistakes after the game. I would think they would be pretty embarrassed by this one. A spot is difficult to confirm, but this slide was way off.

I was unable to give the game yesterday my undivided attention, but....did we ever run the wildcat with Kramer? I dont recall seeing that play and I think we are better for it, so maybe the play of the game was the one we never called?

I was unable to give the game yesterday my undivided attention, but....did we ever run the wildcat with Kramer? I dont recall seeing that play and I think we are better for it, so maybe the play of the game was the one we never called?
We didn't but we also never really hard a situation that called for it. 4th and 4 from Wisconsin's 10 in the first quarter was probably the closest but I think kicking the FG was best there.

I think the moment that clinched it (even though it didn't because they still converted) was the Badger's 4th and 1 confusion. Deciding to punt, then getting a false start, and then finally calling a timeout showed the beginning of the fall for the Badger's.
That was some bad Gophers level moments there...

Guy behind me Uh... do they not even WANT to win it?

I thought offensively this game was similar to the Iowa game. The Gopher OLine and the running game didn’t dominate as much as they did vs Iowa, but the offense in general was good enough to win (like the Iowa game). The difference in last night’s game was the Gophers defense didn’t allow the big plays as they did vs Iowa. In both games the Gophers front 7 kicked ass. That makes me really happy after so many years of watching both Iowa and Wiss just do stretch running plays all day vs the Gophers.

I thought offensively this game was similar to the Iowa game. The Gopher OLine and the running game didn’t dominate as much as they did vs Iowa, but the offense in general was good enough to win (like the Iowa game). The difference in last night’s game was the Gophers defense didn’t allow the big plays as they did vs Iowa. In both games the Gophers front 7 kicked ass. That makes me really happy after so many years of watching both Iowa and Wiss just do stretch running plays all day vs the Gophers.
Yeah no big plays.

That's why I didn't mind the PI when our DB got beat and he dragged down the WR with him.

Yeah it prevented a stop as the dude wouldn't have caught it... but the alternative was a possible TD... i'll take the PI.

We didn't but we also never really hard a situation that called for it. 4th and 4 from Wisconsin's 10 in the first quarter was probably the closest but I think kicking the FG was best there.
Multiple 3rd and shorts where we would've seen it in previous games...and the 1st and goal from the 2 as well. Glad the staff went with heavy I-formation run sets in those situations instead. Worked perfectly the last two weeks.

Top Bottom