What teams do we beat on the road with the rest of our schedule?

We’re gonna win at least one, right?

• Iowa

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Purdue

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Illinois

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • No one

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Northwestern

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I’m too excited to sleep, so this should help🤣

I think we win two, including one mind boggling upset.

Ill go out on a limb and feel free to mock me if I’m wrong, I can handle it.

Iowa and Purdue. I think Payne’s athleticism will bother their Green Giant and he ain’t a freshman this time. The Flying Fox will annoy him and Big Jack can throw him in a headlock.

You can select 1-5 road Ws. I also included a 0 road W option, for those so inclined.

Secret ballot as well.

Last edited:

Iowa seems like the most attainable. Northwestern has beaten Purdue and Illinois at home already. Nebraska has beaten Purdue and Wisconsin at home. Illinois seems to regularly destroy us home or away going back to the last year or two of Pitino. Purdue is the best team in the Big Ten, and we're probably not winning that game unless Edey gets into foul trouble (does that ever happen?) or our shooting is really hot.

Feels like winning even one more road game this year could be tough. On the other hand 4-0 in our remaining home games seems pretty achievable.

Here's how I'd order them from most to least likely:

1) Iowa. Best chance by a fair bit, I think they're the weakest team of the 5 and have the worst home court advantage (Northwestern's crowds have gotten pretty good). Also they play on Thursday, so we have a 2 day longer turnaround which is a benefit we don't have for any of the other 4 games.

2) Nebraska
3) Northwestern
These are pretty close, both tough but definitely better chance than the next two. I'll give the slightly harder edge to Northwestern because it's their Senior Day and (finally) Boo Buie's last home game.

4) Purdue
5) Illinois
Purdue is a better team, but I actually think besides Edey, we match up better with the rest of Purdue than Illinois. Illinois plays a lot of 4 burlywings and Coleman Hawkins so I just don't know who (our) Hawkins can guard; at least with Purdue he can physically match up with Braden Smith. Also, we have a 3 day turnaround from the Nebraska game into Illinois and a 4 day turnaround from Iowa into Purdue - neither of those are great setups but the Purdue one is slightly less bad.

I think two more road wins are achievable because this team plays consistent defense. The only game that is out of reach is Purdue. (Of course that means they'll win at Purdue.)

I think two more road wins are achievable because this team plays consistent defense. The only game that is out of reach is Purdue. (Of course that means they'll win at Purdue.)

We haven't beaten Illinois in a long time and, on the road, well, I try to be supportive but I'll believe that only when I see it.

We haven't beaten Illinois in a long time and, on the road, well, I try to be supportive but I'll believe that only when I see it.
2017 was the last time we beat either Illinois or Purdue on the road...beat them both that year. We have had much more recent success against Purdue at home though (plus upset them in the 2019 BTT).

Illini just seem like they've had our number for quite some time.

Top Bottom