What Nostalgic Minnesota name should be associated with the football Stadium?

(y) Completely agree.

Worked for a St.Senator who fought like hell to keep the Twins and Vikings in Bloomington. Twins worked with us. So did the U, but not the damn Vikings. The Senator was one of the Authors on the bill to spend money upgrading the old Met and sending a few million to the U to upgrade Memorial Stadium. The Met upgrade would have two stadiums, one for the Vikings one for the Twins out at the old site.

Final decision was made by a Council. One who's majority were members from Minneapolis. Bloomington and the U didn't have a chance.

That weasel Hartman kept publishing higher and higher numbers for how much it would cost to renovate Memorial Stadium. He did it to up the pressure on Paul Giel and the U to move into the Dome. Not for them, but for Max Winter and the Vikings!

Add in Sid's support of the "phantom Notre Dame Clause" in Holtz's contract. Could never understand how Giel could stand the guy at all. Giel and Magrath said they wouldn't hold Holtz here but he and Hartman couldn't let it be. They had to make it look like only God and Notre Dame could make Lou stab the U in the back.

Maybe all the time spent trying to keep the Gophers on campus in the first place makes me a little touchy when people start screaming about how much THEY cared about it.

Where they hell were they then.
I remember a rendering of Memorial Stadium with a inflatable dome over it. I can't find it on the interwebs, but I know it exists.

Add in Sid's support of the "phantom Notre Dame Clause" in Holtz's contract. Could never understand how Giel could stand the guy at all. Giel and Magrath said they wouldn't hold Holtz here but he and Hartman couldn't let it be. They had to make it look like only God and Notre Dame could make Lou stab the U in the back.

I fell into the hype behind Lou Holtz, even played golf with him at a fundraiser in Rochester. What a carpetbagger, and to think what he is today, almost makes me want to puke. 🤮

Paul Bunyan Stadium, home of the Axe

If it's a corporate name, Land O' Lakes Field. It fits very gracefully with Minnesota and I always hoped they would sponsor one of the stadiums.

Bud Grant or Bronco Nagurski field.

My dark horse candidate is Alan Page. He played college football at Notre Dame, but is a U alum (law school), Vikings great, and MN Supreme Court justice.

Wisconsin sucks. Nothing to do with a stadium name, just wanted to say that.

Wisconsin Sucks Stadium with games played on We Hate Iowa Field.
I think you're on to something there. And Michigan Wolverines crappers and Scott Frost urinals. Ok maybe over the top but fun nonetheless

Top Bottom