What is your strategy for watching first round games during day on Thur/Fri?

• I treat the days like a Holiday and take both days off work

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • I will take a long lunch and watch games

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I will stream games online

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I will monitor scores throughout the day

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I will just check scores when I get home

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

This is my 14th straight year taking both days off - treat them like a the Holiday they deserve to be treated as.

Go Gophers!!

I was a good kid in school. I built up enough trust that my mom always gave me a pass and called in sick for me on at least one of the first two days. Now, I am strictly a telecommuter, so the next two days are extra sweet.

Too. Much going on at work to miss. Someday I will be able to watch some day games.

3rd year in a row taking both days off and treat them like a Holiday.

Spring break this week! Couldn't have been better timed

Cough.. cough. Man, I don't feel so good.... KIDDING. I take the afternoon's off!

Family run business... Sales room turns into a war room for games... Dad and I will get little done today.....

Retired here, so choice not availabe:

X Lay around, watch, and feel no guilt.

I live near the WI/MN border so I am going to a local establishment for the Badgers game at noon and hopefully can remember the Gophers game at 9

Always either got out of class in high school when the games started or watched in class because a lot of my teachers were in the same bracket pool as the students and we just turned on the tv and watched the games. Now in college my spring break has fallen perfectly the last couple years but my first couple years I would just skip class and watch the games.

Always either got out of class in high school when the games started or watched in class because a lot of my teachers were in the same bracket pool as the students and we just turned on the tv and watched the games. Now in college my spring break has fallen perfectly the last couple years but my first couple years I would just skip class and watch the games.

I had a final exam during the Gophs' 1989 first round win over K State. I remember they had gotten out to an early lead - maybe about a 10-point lead - and then we all had to trudge from the student lounge where we were watching the game on a portable TV to the classroom for the test. I think the game was over by the time we got out.

Retired with a EBay business under " Onegopher " ( Vintage items )
So we will have the tourney going on 3 screens.

cbssports.com...I'll be watching the games live at work while I pretend to do actual work.

Every day's a holiday.

I'll be watching games, reading GH and sending PM messages with Reusse columns to Parski.:cool02:

Every day's a holiday.

I'll be watching games, reading GH and sending PM messages with Reusse columns to Parski.:cool02:

Regarding your last PM...no I will not come over to your place and give you a massage. Freak!

I have today off and the games will be going on mulitple screens in the conference room. We might have to throw in a larger bonus for our secretaries this year because they'll be doing everything.

My strategy...

BF5hUaZCMAAcUrg.jpg:large

GuyFawkes - fantastic setup!! Well done.

Go Gophers!!

GuyFawkes - I don't know who you are, but you stole that picture from me and my friends. It is actually from my basement. Proof: Basement.jpg

This is several years in a row now I have managed to take both days off. Of course I had to put about 32 hours in Monday-Wednesday, but it's worth it.

Top Bottom