What is the best current uniform combination?

Missing some of the best versions such as chrome gold, white, maroon on the road

2 of those I don't believe are current. Wasn't anthracite replaced by black?

Also, those black jerseys were replaced by the ones with white collars. The originals apparently were due to supply chain issues, hence the numbers not matching the current MN template.

I keep hearing that the kids like these different combos.. Maybe someone could figure out what combo is the most popular in the commitment tweets and settle the issue!

The Gophers only need three uniforms: gold, maroon, and white. That is 9 combinations. Several years ago, the Gophers were bragging about new uniforms and how many different uniforms that had. I think gold should be part of any uniform combination because we are the Golden Gophers. I think the hockey teams have it right. No matter what uniforms that they have on, they wear golden helmets. It is easy to spot the Gophers. I get angry when I see Gopher teams wearing black, gray, or some other color. Apparently, the Athletic Department does not understand branding. Look at the football helmets of Michigan, some other universities, and professional football teams. As soon as you tune in the channel, you know who is playing. Minnesota does not wear uniforms that scream Golden Gophers. And, as long as I am on a roll, I hate when I see coaches not wearing university colors. It makes me think that they are Team Nike not Team Gophers.

The combos selected are a joke, right? Right?

This is the best combo in program history. Aesthetic balance, fun-factor, and a history of winning big games wearing it.

Screen Shot 2023-07-06 at 7.47.22 AM.png

The Gophers only need three uniforms: gold, maroon, and white. That is 9 combinations. Several years ago, the Gophers were bragging about new uniforms and how many different uniforms that had. I think gold should be part of any uniform combination because we are the Golden Gophers. I think the hockey teams have it right. No matter what uniforms that they have on, they wear golden helmets. It is easy to spot the Gophers. I get angry when I see Gopher teams wearing black, gray, or some other color. Apparently, the Athletic Department does not understand branding. Look at the football helmets of Michigan, some other universities, and professional football teams. As soon as you tune in the channel, you know who is playing. Minnesota does not wear uniforms that scream Golden Gophers. And, as long as I am on a roll, I hate when I see coaches not wearing university colors. It makes me think that they are Team Nike not Team Gophers.

Michigan, definitely iconic

Oh damn, that's actually Delaware 😂😂

Attachments

• 2022-delaware.png
    2022-delaware.png
    453.7 KB · Views: 0

The strangely steady march to eliminating GOLD on the uniform combos is something I hope is reversed ASAP.

It started with replacing gold numbers on the jerseys and has picked up speed with the elimination of gold helmets last year.

With the exception of the fun things they have done with helmets and face masks, as far as the jerseys and pants part of the uniforms are concerned, I liked the Kill era uniforms much more.

My uniform rankings by recent eras:

1. Kill
2. Mason
3. Fleck*
4. Brewster

*do have my favorite helmets though

The strangely steady march to eliminating GOLD on the uniform combos is something I hope is reversed ASAP.

It started with replacing gold numbers on the jerseys and has picked up speed with the elimination of gold helmets last year.

With the exception of the fun things they have done with helmets and face masks, as far as the jerseys and pants part of the uniforms are concerned, I liked the Kill era uniforms much more.

1. Kill
2. Mason
3. Fleck*
4. Brewster

The matte finish of the helmets introduced during the Kill era were so damn good looking.

1. Kill
2. Mason
3. Fleck*
4. Brewster

My ranking would be:
1. Kill
2/3. Brewster and Fleck tied. The best combo goes to Brew while the better helmets go to Fleck.
4. Mason

Banana is way better than all of those crappy options. The white on the collar sucks.
Any jersey with that awful white collar is the worst. It looks like the doily thing female supreme court justices wear.

Interesting to see so many favorite combos (including full banana) feature gold helmets… and they were eliminated from the equipment room last year.

So unless someone has a change of heart and a whole new set of gold helmets are purchased after just a one year hiatus, it is time to settle for white helmets as the replacement.

I realize I’m probably in the minority, but my favorite is all white. Full Casper

Actually, it's 27 combinations (3X3X3).

So many excellent uniform combos that I rarely even worry about it. They're going to come out wearing something that is unique and cool or at the very least....something that looks pretty good/classic. The chrome domes are BA. The matte helmets look great. Goldy on the side of the helmet rules. I love the oversized block M that they added this past year. Gophers have the best set of helmets in college football, imo.

Top Bottom