Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Losing

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Wokeness

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
My computer is rebooting so here is a thread to pick what our identity is.

Patience?

1. Rebuild.

Also injured and next year competitive.

From Action Network:

"Ben Johnson’s second year as Minnesota’s head coach has been a complete and total rebuild. The Gophers only retained 17.4% of their minutes from a team that went 13-17 a year ago.

This minutes continuity issue has been compounded by the Gophers’ inability to stay healthy. Earlier in the year, Minnesota lost Parker Fox and Isaiah Ihnen for the season. Additionally, Jamison Battle, Braeden Carrington and leading scorer Dawson Garcia have all missed at least four games.

Battle has returned to the lineup, but Carrington and Garcia remain up in the air for Sunday’s contest with Iowa." (that was before the Iowa game)

Did Ben get hired late or why did we not have a better recruiting period in year 1?

Did Ben get hired late or why did we not have a better recruiting period in year 1?
It seemed a little slow but the addition of a staff was even slower- that took weeks. Ben got the first several transfers by himself.

No, no Ben was hired early. Newspaper stories are March 22nd. The Final Four was April 3rd. 9 days in March, all of April and May to put things together.
Brandon Johnson entered the portal on May 3rd.

Patience?

Patience would be the identity of the fans who are still watching. Or masochism.

Or maybe we're just like fans of weird, misfit cult films.

If only we had done it more than twice in our history, then our identity could be throwing hands. 😳

No, no Ben was hired early. Newspaper stories are March 22nd. The Final Four was April 3rd. 9 days in March, all of April and May to put things together.
Brandon Johnson entered the portal on May 3rd.
Yikes - That was a large mistake with essentially nothing from year 1.

other than losing this team doenst have an identity. Benjamin will have to change that in a hurry on the court next year or he will be selling s%!t in a paper bag to recruits

other than losing this team doenst have an identity. Benjamin will have to change that in a hurry on the court next year or he will be selling s%!t in a paper bag to recruits
That's already the case for the fall signing period for 2024. We are going to have a pot full of scholarships open next fall. Regardless of who stays next year, I have to believe none of the following are suiting up for the 2024-2025 season: Battle, Garcia, Cooper, Ihnen and Fox are all either out of eligibility or qualify for social security by then. My further assumption is that Thompson is moving on. If we sign one guard this year in the portal, everyone else stays, it seems like we have around 5 to sell next fall and that sales pitch will be based on a 5-35 or so 2 year Big Ten record.

I hope that Garcia and Carrington are back in the next game or so and we go on a magical run down the stretch to put some perfume on this stench of a year. That would be fun!

Patience would be the identity of the fans who are still watching. Or masochism.

Or maybe we're just like fans of weird, misfit cult films.

I just keep going back to the very basic simple fact, that I never ever thought we would be with this program...

Nobody
F*cking
Cares

We are approaching epic levels of apathy, an increasingly empty Barn, et al.... Wow.

I just keep going back to the very basic simple fact, that I never ever thought we would be with this program...

Nobody
F*cking
Cares

We are approaching epic levels of apathy, an increasingly empty Barn, et al.... Wow.

Thank you for adding the qualifier. What we have I guess is a "patience born from apathy."

Top Bottom