What is incredible is that the offense

We also only had 231 yards to SDSU's 229. You'd think a team that put up about 500 yards against MSU, could have put a good ol' whooping on the Jack Rabbits.

Didn't see it, but listened to the game while running errands. I've said it a couple of times before--but remember, I am admitting I didn't watch the game and am prepared to be set straight on the matter from those who did--but Fisch's playcalling seems so erratic. I can't remember if it was Mona or Thompson that said that it was like the Jackrabbits were in our huddle. Call in particular that bothered me was the draw on 2nd-and-10 that lost us 4 yards when we were on the edge of field goal range in the third quarter. Part of it is execution, but everyone in the stadium is probably guessing draw there.

And can someone explain to me how Tow-Arnett was an ineligible receiver. I'm guessing unbalanced line, but maybe we should perfect our plays with a balanced line before throwing too many wrinkles into the system.

From what I've seen of Fisch--and I realize this is his first year--reminds me of the offense under Joe Salem to an extent. I can remember Salem telling the press that there was no way we could beat Ohio State or Michigan at the point-of-attack, so trickery was in order. Well, trickery too often leads to inconsistency. I was hoping under Davis that we would build a strong point-of-attack offense and maybe that's still in the offing. But it's disappointing right now.

Oh no, someone else is watching and being reminded of Salem. Yes, trickery was in order and when that didn't work he sighed, flung his hands in the air and said (paraphrased) "I just don't what to do any more."

Seriously, it looks like our playcalling is a constant exercise in exploration. Like, okay, let's see if the long pass works on this possession. Well, long pass didn't work, let's see if the sweep works on this possession. Hmmm... none of that worked, let's see if we can run inside the tackles on this possession. Obviously an exaggeration, but . . .

Excuse me, the paraphrased quote was "I just don't know what to do any more."

Top Bottom