What if Kfan ......

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
What if Kfan had the rights to telecast the Gopher games ? You can bet that management would make it company policy for their on air folks to sing a different tune. They would be promoting games instead of slamming them. Management most likely doesn't care because they like the fact that they might cause disinterest in the Gophers and in their wishful ways steal listeners from WCCO. I know another unproven plot.

I have no incentive to defend KFAN, but trust me, management would NOT do what you indicated they would under your scenario.

I would love for KFAN to cover the U. Heck, down here in Austin, their program has done it correct (AM 1300 the Zone). The have hired ex players to join the morning and afternoon show to help pimp the U. Not only pimp, but they actually cover all the college sports.......best part is, they just don't cover UT, they talk about college sports happening all over. Imagine if KFAN actually hired competent poeple to discuss what is going on in the state outside of the Vikes. Wow, what a concept.....sports radio.

OK ... my bad

Ok ... so I don't know the difference between telecast and broadcast. I still think management would tell the guys to go the company line or they would get somebody who would (if they had the rights to the Gophers). Solid negativity gets old. I haven't listened to KFAN in a long time because of it. They should realize that there are more folks who would like to hear good things about the Gophers than bad.

Who cares?

Quit worrying about the radio and focus on the loser who is Tim Brewster.

Keep trying to tell yourself that pollyanna.

You know they have the wolves right? And are just as negative about them? For the same reason. Because they're terrible...it's chicken and egg...except now. You can't have chicken without an egg. But a chicken can lay an egg.

If the Gophers had done something in the last 70 years maybe they'd be more positive.

What if Kfan had the rights to telecast the Gopher games ? You can bet that management would make it company policy for their on air folks to sing a different tune. They would be promoting games instead of slamming them. Management most likely doesn't care because they like the fact that they might cause disinterest in the Gophers and in their wishful ways steal listeners from WCCO. I know another unproven plot.

KFAN carries the Wolves and KFAN RIPS the Wolves daily.

Go Gophers!!

Keep trying to tell yourself that pollyanna.

You know they have the wolves right? And are just as negative about them? For the same reason. Because they're terrible...it's chicken and egg...except now. You can't have chicken without an egg. But a chicken can lay an egg.

If the Gophers had done something in the last 70 years maybe they'd be more positive.

Just for the sake of appearing to be accurate, how about revising that 70 years stuff?

don't listen anymore

I guess I don't stay on their station long enough to listen to their rants on the Timberwolves. You are also looking at being critical of guys who make millions of dollars for doing their job.

KFAN carries the Wolves and KFAN RIPS the Wolves daily.

Go Gophers!!
I don't know about that, they rarely, if ever, even talk about the Wolves, I'm guessing the same would be true of UM football.

the gophers need some new branding

Brew will be here and things may or may not get better but there is no real effort to market this product - granted winning would be the solution but I am a fan and do enjoy going to the games and following the team - I prefer the college game over the pros but get frustrated to no end by how this team is covered by the media - the broadcast team is a joke and there is no game day call in show - Steve Thompson does a bit after the games but nothing like other schools - and then there is the oh so painful Sunday show with Sid and Dave - something needs to be done to give this program more meaningful media/air time for the fans - the main air time is the Sunday show with senile Sid who cannot rememeer anything nor complete a full sentence without losing his train fo thought - this is the product we as fans get and it is a joke - when Sid ran up the aisle at the basketball game the other night to hug Clem I finally finally realized he needs to go - we as fans deserve a better product from WCCO and it just needs to change - we need fresh faces covering the program from the media = this is as big of an issue as the on field performance - it could be so much better and it bums me out how poor it is

I guess I don't stay on their station long enough to listen to their rants on the Timberwolves. You are also looking at being critical of guys who make millions of dollars for doing their job.

Then don't create a thread ripping on their coverage of sports if you don't even listen. I am a firm believer that if the Gophers ever did anything worth covering, they would be covered. Whenever there is buzz surrounding the team, they get covered. Look back to the home opener, people wanted to talk about it, and they covered it. As sad as it is, on your average Wednesday in October more people want to talk Vikings. I love the Gophers but they have to win some big games. Beat Wisconsin or Iowa more than once every couple of years, follow up a big win by beating another team the next week. I am sorry if this post makes it look like I am bashing the Gophers, I didn't mean it to sound like that.

Jamar from Brooklyn Park wants to talk about ...the Dallas Cowboys. Anytime I stream PAs show, Jamar is on the line.

Top Bottom