What grade would you give the Gophers Fall 2020 recruiting class?

What grade would you give the Gophers Fall 2020 recruiting class?

• A

Votes: 40 30.1%
  • B

Votes: 78 58.6%
  • C

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • D

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But, but, but, but WE IMPROVED! We aren’t signing 2-stars with no Power 5 offers like in the Jerry Kill days! There isn’t much difference in the rankings! The rankings are flawed!
The rankings aren’t flawed. They are what they are. They have some value. Gophers class is in the same neighborhood as most of the big ten. It will come down to player development and retention as well as game day execution.

I don’t think anyone is arguing that recruiting is so good that winning will automatically happen. But you are doing a really good job arguing that recruiting isn’t good enough to just show up and win. I think everyone agrees with you.

Interesting quote I saw in a 247 article ranking the recruiting classes.

"Last year, after Minnesota put together the 2019 they had, (head coach) PJ Fleck and his staff, man, they kind of did what they wanted on the recruiting trail," 247Sports Southeast recruiting analyst Andrew Ivins said on Thursday's episode of the 247Sports Football Recruiting Podcast, referencing an 11-2 Gophers season in 2019. "I remember there was a guy down here in Florida that Miami was trying to flip and Minnesota wouldn't even let the kid take a visit. So interesting how things have changed."

Interesting quote I saw in a 247 article ranking the recruiting classes.

"Last year, after Minnesota put together the 2019 they had, (head coach) PJ Fleck and his staff, man, they kind of did what they wanted on the recruiting trail," 247Sports Southeast recruiting analyst Andrew Ivins said on Thursday's episode of the 247Sports Football Recruiting Podcast, referencing an 11-2 Gophers season in 2019. "I remember there was a guy down here in Florida that Miami was trying to flip and Minnesota wouldn't even let the kid take a visit. So interesting how things have changed."

That can go away as quickly as it came for Gophs.

That can go away as quickly as it came for Gophs.
Maybe but not really.

Iowa never lets any of their commits take visits. If you are committed and visit someone else you lose your offer. MN can still do that if they want.
I’m sure MN lost out on some kids using there methods last year too

Top Bottom