What grade would you give the Gophers coaches in the Little Brown Jug game?

• A

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • B

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • C

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • D

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • F

Votes: 69 68.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

It would have taken a lot to beat that team but there’s zero reason we shouldn’t have been able to be semi competitive.

F. I'm getting ready to move on from Fleck. It seems he has checked out and will bolt upon the first offer he gets. The comments he made about NIL two weeks ago seems more like an excuse/cover for leaving. As someone on here commented on here a few weeks ago, something happened to Fleck during the covid year and he's lost his aggressiveness with play calling.

For the game itself, a C

Nick Saban would have lost bad tonight coaching the Gophers.

F for the clear decline in the program's talent that has come from weakening recruiting results, ineffective decisions in the transfer portal, and what strongly looks like a missed evaluation on AK.

For the game itself, a C

F for the clear decline in the program's talent that has come from weakening recruiting results, ineffective decisions in the transfer portal, and what strongly looks like a missed evaluation on AK.
I think you underestimate just how poorly prepared and coached we are right now on both sides of the ball. Read the bio of our assistant coaches. It’s really alarming at how inexperienced and ultimately shitty these guts have turned out to be.

Someone mistook the B for an F.

I was puzzled by the insistence on throwing on first down when most of our success had come through running.

And I'm weary of all the secretiveness where injuries are concerned.

F. I'm getting ready to move on from Fleck. It seems he has checked out and will bolt upon the first offer he gets. The comments he made about NIL two weeks ago seems more like an excuse/cover for leaving. As someone on here commented on here a few weeks ago, something happened to Fleck during the covid year and he's lost his aggressiveness with play calling.
He was never aggressive.
Read the play by play from our 2019 games against IA and WI.

On our way to the game my son said 38-16. I said 30-10. They were never going to win this game. Michigan hasn’t had someone pass for more than 100 on them this year and 10 was the most points given up. We still will compete to go to Indy.

Michigan has over 10 draft picks on their Roster. They likely won’t get beat this year.

He was never aggressive.
Read the play by play from our 2019 games against IA and WI.
You must've missed the first three years where he was still going for TDs up three scores in the fourth. Same goes for the Bowl game vs Auburn going for it on 4th and 1 up seven with 3 minutes to go at the 50 yard line. Ever since the fourth quarter choke to Maryland in 2020, he's been ultra conservative.

You must've missed the first three years where he was still going for TDs up three scores in the fourth. Same goes for the Bowl game vs Auburn going for it on 4th and 1 up seven with 3 minutes to go at the 50 yard line. Ever since the fourth quarter choke to Maryland in 2020, he's been ultra conservative.
I’d argue punting from WI 37 on fourth and two was the start.

Was there to the end.

C.

Big problems when your offense can't score points and your defense can't stop the other guys from scoring.

I know Michigan put up 52 on us but really hold the offense accountable for this one.

I can’t giving the coaches a good grade but like many games this year I give the players a worse grade.

There are tackles in front of them that are missed, blocks missed, passes to be made but they’re not…. execution is the problem.

I voted "D". There was no plan for the offense here. This game was lost before kickoff.

Coaching staff needs to do something with Athan. His mechanics are terrible. Sidearming everything like he does is a problem. His passes are so easy for defenses to knock down.

I can’t giving the coaches a good grade but like many games this year I give the players a worse grade.

There are tackles in front of them that are missed, blocks missed, passes to be made but they’re not…. execution is the problem.
Blocking and tackling are coachable skills. it’s been a long time since I’ve seen this many blown tackles.

Was there to the end.

C.

Big problems when your offense can't score points and your defense can't stop the other guys from scoring.

I know Michigan put up 52 on us but really hold the offense accountable for this one.

There was no chance of winning with this offense. Zero.

This is the worst defense we've had in years. No pass rush, bad angles towards ball carriers, missed tackles, blown coverages......

Blocking and tackling are coachable skills. it’s been a long time since I’ve seen this many blown tackles.
It’s weird, I haven’t looked but are a lot of the misses by young secondary players?

It looks like the old Jerry kill days where he played guys and they just messed up until they stopped…. But it took a while before they figured it out…

I voted D only because the defense had a pulse and played better zone defense. They had also tightened up the soft spots they were giving up in prior games. The offense was putrid and I blame the play calling most. Athan had another bad outing, which also affected the plays the coaches called.

MSU

Was there to the end.

C.

To be fair, the d only gave up 38. The offense was outscored by Michigan’s defense

For the game itself, a C

Good grief, no.

I voted "D". There was no plan for the offense here. This game was lost before kickoff.

Coaching staff needs to do something with Athan. His mechanics are terrible. Sidearming everything like he does is a problem. His passes are so easy for defenses to knock down.
I don't think we have a designed QB run in the playbook for our basic set, but there were a couple of instances last night where I was surprised that Kaliakmanis didn't take off with it. Instead, he makes a bad throw. Given how things have been going, they need to put some kind of QB keeper in the playbook or defenses are going to rush four and drop seven.

Even if the D pitched a shutout, the O would have lost the game 14-10!

If the coaches get credit for Ws (and players executing) then it can’t be anything other than an F. Fair to argue on a few points.

Top Bottom