What grade would you give the Gophers 2019-2020 season?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • C

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • D

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • F

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

C-/D+ Too many late game meltdowns...Under .500 record....Poor situational coaching from Pitino and the fact that he had to play Demir so many minutes says it all.....Watching Oturu and Carr(at times) elevated it from an F.

D.

Cant give them an F, but they surely didn't earn a C.

Pitino gets another F.

Carr, Oturu. - A+
Gabe - Seems intense, driven, introspective so imagine he had some sleepless nights. Expect him to be a star next season
Willis - Ankle fully healed?
Ihnen - high potential
Pitino - B. High marks for getting the team to the verge despite 4 excruciating losses. Low marks for not winning a few of those.

A solid F. But I gave a D- serious consideration.

The fact that we had to start Alihan Demir tells a lot about the state of the program.

it's still about wins and losses. when they qualify teams for the NCAA based on KenPom ratings, then you can talk about your KenPom rating.

In fast, from my point of view, if a team has a KenPom rating of 27 - but they finish with a losing record - that tells me the team underachieved.

Every team gets bad calls, or misses a key free throw, or has injuries. some teams overcome those issues. The Gophers could not overcome them. that certainly falls on the players to some extent - but it also falls on the coaches.

C-

Negatives:
All sophomores regressed (Sans Daniel obviously)
Hurt/Damir playing too much
Late game meltdowns (5 off top of my head)

Positives
Freshman all over-performed imo
Daniel progression into elite
Carr best pg in years here
Willis is quality Big player

All that said we landed around where I would have expected BEFORE the season started. Given the positives we should have performed atleast at an Indiana caliber this year.

Top Bottom